What did he do? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

and some more pictures

yes Sylvia that is the PTO winch
Cruiser and parts 010.jpg
Cruiser and parts 012.jpg
Cruiser and parts 014.jpg

Upgraded to 78-80 fully electronic ignition and waterproof vac advance dissy.

Yikes! Lower alternator bolt is about to fall out. Stuff it back into position and get a 10x1.25 nut & washer on the end.

Sorry for your loss.

Sometimes eBay is a great tool. Some some reason some of these trucks get great money there.

I agree that $5-6k is reasonable. Might even be able to get more. I would probably sell the PTO and winch seperately. You would probaby net more money.

Sylvia,

We all mourn the loss of a Cruiserhead and our prayers are with you. If you can take Dan up on his offer to help you out. He will be able to let you know exactly what you have so you can get the best price for the 40 and the parts. Cruiser owners are a tight group of guys and girls that will do anything to help you out. This is a great forum with alot of knowledge to help you out. If you know your husband's e-mail address or your IP address you might be able to get Woody to help you find out your husbands user name on Ih8mud. That way we can find out more about what he has done to the 40. You can PM Woody. Woody is the owner of the website and a fellow Cruiser owner.

I just did a search for "paki WY" and found member 762fmj from buffalo wy who was in on an early group purchase of ehsan soft tops. This may be him.

I was in Buffalo WY this summer. Beautiful country. My condolences for your loss.

I just did a search for "paki WY" and found member 762fmj from buffalo wy who was in on an early group purchase of ehsan soft tops. This may be him.

I was in Buffalo WY this summer. Beautiful country. My condolences for your loss.

That user sold a 1980 cruiser in '08 and hasn't logged in since late '08. He also mentions in the Paki top order thread that he didn't have another top.

Sylvia, I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

Thanks for all the condolences and tips. We were in Riverton WY. I'm pretty sure his username had some form of "Jeff" as part of it. I've dropped Woody a note to see if he can help. Dan is planning to take a look at it for me Sunday.

Jeff bought an axle, I believe it was, from somebody around Salt Lake. The name Jeff Zepp is familiar but not sure that is who we bought that item from. He also bought our Lexus off this forum Oct 2007 just two months before being diagnosed w stage IV colon cancer at 39 years old. Crazy world.

We were on the trails nearly every weekend in the summer. The FJ40 was his baby.

Last edited:
Great detective work...but that's not it. We bought a champagne 1997 LX450. Bought it from someone in California. Also now for sale. Not moving on Craig's List. Guess I should post it here.

Thanks for all the condolences and tips. We were in Riverton WY. I'm pretty sure his username had some form of "Jeff" as part of it. I've dropped Woody a note to see if he can help. Dan is planning to take a look at it for me Sunday.

Jeff bought an axle, I believe it was, from somebody around Salt Lake. The name Jeff Zepp is familiar but not sure that is who we bought that item from. He also bought our Lexus off this forum Oct 2007 just two months before being diagnosed w stage IV colon cancer at 39 years old. Crazy world.

We were on the trails nearly every weekend in the summer. The FJ40 was his baby.

His name did have Jeff in it. It also had Sylvia.
There was a JEFSYL in Riverton WY.

Thank you, guys. That was him. He passed away March 9, 2010. That was our Scamp...our "bear-proof box" to sleep in. We sold it shortly after the post. I hadn't remembered that it was sold so close to his diagnosis - another one of the blessings God gave us before we knew we needed it. The Lexus still has an issue with the brakes in cold weather. I will enjoy reading his posts.

My condolences...so sorry to hear, and at such a young age :frown:

Not much I can add here, except to say that some of these guys on mud are actually really great and generous people. Hopefully Dan can help you sort things properly, and keep those who would otherwise try to take advantage of such an unfortunate situation...from being able to do so.

Yikes! Lower alternator bolt is about to fall out. Stuff it back into position and get a 10x1.25 nut & washer on the end.

good catch :cheers:

Silvia,
Such a young age indeed.

You may want to check craigslist.org for additional input on market-values in your area.
I'm hoping someone in your family expresses an interest in your husband's 40.

thank you for starting this thread...Very Sorry for your loss.

manny

Sylvia, my condolences on your loss. The men and women on this site are definitely a tight knit bunch and we are glad that Jeff was part of our community.

Sorry to hear about Jeff. I hope someone here buys the 40 and continues on. Take care, Sylvia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom