WeatherTech Digital Solution for Movement and fit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Luke111

Supporting Vendor
Threads
I got tired of the mats moving all over the place and not feeling good about the shape so following the advise from another I broke out the heat gun and reshaped it for a better fit.. I used a small plastic panel clip to attach the mat to the kick panel.. Removal is easy ...just slight pull on the mat... you can adjust how easy is comes out by drilling a larger hole. The mats no longer move ... Currently searching for a larger panel clip that might work in the factory location

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1413936133.177776.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1413936149.028532.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1413936167.163939.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1413936229.913717.jpg

Great solution!!!!

The Hexmats from Autoanything have the nubs on the back plus the eyelet for the factory retainer and haven't moved a millimeter - but they do not have rolled edges.... unfortunate they didnt' think it thru... I was almost about ot order a set to replace mine.

Mine are moving bad. The Weathertech supplied hook is yanking out of the carpet when people step into the vehicle. I just added a speed nut under the carpet when I screwed them in. They seem solid for the moment but we'll see. Hopefully the hook doesn't break now.

I keep seeing these threads about the movement of the weathertechs and wonder why no one has tried strips of adhesive backed hook side velcro. It would stick to the carpet, no? Im under the assumption im getting them for xmas and will be trying it out myself. Seems easier than messing with clips and grommets.

I think the velcro would stick to the carpet but the adhesive wouldn't stay glued to the mats. Give it a shot and tell us the results. Hopefully it works.

I used velcro. I used a lot of velcro actually because I was really tired of them moving and currently they have not moved an inch. I haven't tired to take them out of the car yet so Idk how well that'll work.

I used velcro. I used a lot of velcro actually because I was really tired of them moving and currently they have not moved an inch. I haven't tired to take them out of the car yet so Idk how well that'll work.

What kind of velcro did you use that sticks to the Toyota carpet? I tried every kind of velcro from Home Depot and Lowes, and none of them would stick to the Toyota carpet.

Last edited:
Speed nuts on the back of the weathertech supplied hook works great. My hooks haven't pulled out sinc and they don't move anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom