Weatherstripping Guide 2.0 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I thought the Cityracer stuff was for 40s and 60s. slocruiser makes the 55-specific stuff.
Am I wrong?

Has anyone here purchased and installed the Cityracer door gaskets/seals?
Yup. Bought some, installed one. Pretty good fit.

20201024_143825.jpg

20201024_143953.jpg

20201024_143659.jpg

I circled it in this picture. I also need one of the metal bars that is in the door between that fixed window and the roll up window. My doors were all taken apart and one side is missing.
View attachment 1436500
Has anyone figured out where to source rubber for the rear 1/4 panel windows? Or an alternate source for the early vent window seals? Without replacing the entire door for one without the vents...I like them.

sourced mine from slow cruisers bout a year ago...........they are great :bounce:
Yep but John has been out of them both due to supply issues from his manufacturer..

Has anyone figured out where to source rubber for the rear 1/4 panel windows? Or an alternate source for the early vent window seals? Without replacing the entire door for one without the vents...I like them.
This is the best I could come up with at this point.

Noted Steele Rubber was selling similar rubber but not the right dimensions. Wasn't cheap, had to buy two sets. Figured we could use pieces of both to make one for each side. The profile worked. Unfortunately the only way to do this is to splice it. The fit is tight, made splices as tight as possible, should be weather tight?

int19.jpg

631.jpg
632.jpg

646.jpg

Noted Steele Rubber was selling similar rubber but not the right dimensions. Wasn't cheap, had to buy two sets. Figured we could use pieces of both to make one for each side. The profile worked. Unfortunately the only way to do this is to splice it. The fit is tight, made splices as tight as possible, should be weather tight?

View attachment 2614311
View attachment 2614315View attachment 2614317
View attachment 2614319
Now that seems to be a good solution even if a bit pricey. Thanks!

Not sure I would take a flyer on these given the source but thought I would throw them out here for information:

I would definitely use Slocruiser on the cargo window but just for completeness:

And just for @gonzopancho :

I 100% need the quarter panel window rubber. Been checking with John at SLO but out of stock. I was planning on making two out of 4 smaller pieces from Steele Rubber products, but maybe I will try these from Indonesia. It’s only money!

Those are for the FJ55 Commando

So what does that mean? I saw the Commando but just assumed it was a market specific designation and didn't mean it had different dimensions (other than the rear barn doors).

So what does that mean? I saw the Commando but just assumed it was a market specific designation and didn't mean it had different dimensions (other than the rear barn doors).

The literal way in which you read Mud posts leads me to ask. Are you an engineer?

The literal way in which you read Mud posts leads me to ask. Are you an engineer?
lol Undergrad in Chemical with a Tulane MBA. Haven't done real engineering in many years but I guess once an engineer; always an engineer.

lol Undergrad in Chemical with a Tulane MBA. Haven't done real engineering in many years but I guess once an engineer; always an engineer.
Not a jab but I write tech like a salesperson and an operator so I usually see your wheels turning .....

Not a jab but I write tech like a salesperson and an operator so I usually see your wheels turning .....
No worries. I grew up on a farm in central Alabama so I was taught to be simple and handy long before I learned to be complicated and useless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom