Water Can Spigot Solution

Discussion in 'Camping & Outdoor Gear' started by jonheld, Sep 13, 2009.

1. thegadgetguy

thegadgetguy

2. jonheld

jonheld

Well 9 years later and it still works great, so I'm going to call it good. I keep the valve assembly in a heavy ziplock bag in my tailgate so I actually can find it when I need it.

SmoothLC likes this.
  3. DRANGED

DRANGED

Media:
    Albums:
    Most non-state-of-the-art or top tier water treatment plants even in the States cannot adequately remove many pharmaceuticals, thus the estrogen mimics (and many others) are detectable in many fresh water sources as well...it's the world we live in.

4. dubyahard

dubyahard SILVER Star

Media:
    I use this one on my scepter. After a four day trip last week/weekend I think I'm done using it. The can leaks, the spout leaks, and I hate how the vent is right next to the spout.
    I think I'm going to try a Reliance 7 Gallon style https://www.amazon.com/Reliance-Pro...rd_wg=cEmtt&psc=1&refRID=FS11GVZTGMFGMFG874MM

5. DRANGED

DRANGED

Media:
    Albums:
    Those are pretty good, BUT, the vent plug will eventually break. This is my main beef with so many jerrys. A wire nut is a decent temp-perm fix though. :)

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  6. alia176

alia176

Albums:
    I have that Reliance and the cube style Reliance can as well. Both caps and spigots have to be tightented like a mofo in order to prevent leaking, which puts the faucet almost horz vs vertical. Not a biggy but with enough teflon tape, I bet the orientation can be corrected.

DRANGED and dubyahard like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.