For Sale Very early skidplate, SoCal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

65swb45

Elder Statesman
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.marksoffroad.net
moving things around the yard this morning I noticed an iteration of skidplate I am not familiar with. It has the spread of a standard 3speed plate, as well as the drain hole pattern. However, it does not have the front lip. It also sports a well on the driver's side that is not on any of my other early skidplates. So I'm gonna venture a guess that its a '63 or earlier.

@tahoe40/45 has first dibs, since he just asked me about an early plate, and I'm doing some other stuff for him.

$125 plus the ride from my shop.

No PMs please.

Mark
IMG_0874.JPG

Your photo brought to mind a skid plate that came with but was unbolted from my 1961 FJ40. Sure enough, it's different yet. Not for sale, just thought I'd post for the trivia.

IMG_0591.JPG

That is helpful,vbecause it still has the commonality of the trough on the driver's side. Thank you.

moving things around the yard this morning I noticed an iteration of skidplate I am not familiar with. It has the spread of a standard 3speed plate, as well as the drain hole pattern. However, it does not have the front lip. It also sports a well on the driver's side that is not on any of my other early skidplates. So I'm gonna venture a guess that its a '63 or earlier.

@tahoe40/45 has first dibs, since he just asked me about an early plate, and I'm doing some other stuff for him.

$125 plus the ride from my shop.

No PMs please.

MarkView attachment 1394343
HmmmHmmm! will it fit my early cruiser? if so put me in line. Thanks Mike

Cool. I have never seen one of those before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom