UC chat (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So I never soldered anything in, didn't have time. Tonight I used a jumper wire across the fuse and bingo! In the morning I'm headed to Harleys electronics to get some help. 1 question, the display only shows a value for "current". When I click on "min" or "max" I get no value. Is this correct?

There is no min ,or max yet.current is the temp now ,max is the highest temp it has reach since last reset ,and min ,is the lowest temp it has reached.

If I was closer, I would solder it for you.

There is no min ,or max yet.current is the temp now ,max is the highest temp it has reach since last reset ,and min ,is the lowest temp it has reached.
Nice. Thank you. So it seems as if it's working. I guess we will see once I get a new fuse or something soldered in if it actually gets cold. I'm betting that fuse is there to protect it from reverse polarity

Well my biggest concern is finding a suitable fuse. This thing is tiny. Hopefully the electronics shop has something. I have soldered plenty, just never on a circuit board.
Maybe they can solder in a holder for a replaceable fuse.

Been a while since I have seen most of you..I have been crazy busy and it is only getting worse. Sold my home in Pickens and now reside in liberty. Currenly putting 3 quarter round down as my floors are finished. Then we move furniture where it needs a to be.

I start 10hr shifts next week 6 days a week but I plan on being at aunt sue's for the annual and hopefully go to expo east this year!

20180824_152949.jpg

20180824_122824.jpg

looks nice Gabe

Been finding more and more lately that I can’t get my big 1/2 inch impact in places I need it and my 3/8 impact doesn’t have enough power for. Picked this stubby half inch impact up at Harbor Freight yesterday on the recommendation of my mechanic that works for me. He has a stubby Snap on and Matco, but said the Earthquake guns have really stepped their game up. Played with it a bit last night and it hits as hard as my 10 year old full sized. Time will tell.
42D676D5-41AA-4DB3-B3C7-B7BD2CF22116.jpeg
EDB39A3C-B7E5-4E8C-8B99-81C44C107E20.jpeg

Last edited:
Question for the group...

Wifes car has been having some issues lately and we are considering our next car. I'd love a GX 460 2009 -2013, but haven't counted out the older ones. My wife's concernd about high mileage. Anyway I've been reading about them and I believe a few are in this group (could be wrong about that) so I thought I'd ask if anyone has one what likes / dislikes do you have?. My wife has some extensive medical issues and comfort in the drivers and passengers seat are very important. But I'd like to know about the reliability and stuff to look for when buying one also.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Last edited:
We'll be up at Black Balsam next weekend (Sep.7-9) with the scouts backpacking up to shining rock if anyone wants to join.
We'll be getting in late Friday night and camping on the first bald.

We'll be up at Black Balsam next weekend (Sep.7-9) with the scouts backpacking up to shining rock if anyone wants to join.
We'll be getting in late Friday night and camping on the first bald.

Just make sure there is no food in tents and you store any food in bear safe containers. Bears are out in numbers.

You bet...I had heard that earlier.

Question for the group...

Wifes car has been having some issues lately and we are considering our next car. I'd love a GX 460 2009 -2013, but haven't counted out the older ones. My wife's concernd about high mileage. Anyway I've been reading about them and I believe a few are in this group (could be wrong about that) so I thought I'd ask if anyone has one what likes / dislikes do you have?. My wife has some extensive medical issues and comfort in the drivers and passengers seat are very important. But I'd like to know about the reliability and stuff to look for when buying one also.

Any help is greatly appreciated
No personal experience, but I have heard nothing but good things. Not crazy about airbag suspensions, but there is growing aftermarket support as they seem to be the US version of a new 70 series for anyone wanting a shorter wheelbase Land Cruiser. More of a churched up 4Runner, but that isn't a bad thing either.

I ordered a new charcoal canister for my 80 today. The GM replacement vc120 that everyone uses must be recently discontinued. Amazon turned up nothing unless you search using an alternative part number ($78). Orielly shows nothing close for less than $180. Auto zones website shows a couple available for $48 (ship to home only). I got mine from rock auto for $56 because I was already ordering other parts. 88 Buick Regal 2.8. Not sure how much longer they’ll be around for a cheap price. Just a heads up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom