UC chat (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Imagine a big ONSC event...........

-8 white cruisers with roof top tents
-Joe Drunk As Hell (that's his full christian name) stumbles back from the camp fire at 4AM (one of the cool kids) pees on a tree and falls up the ladder to sleep in the tent with his wife and kids
-Wait a minute, he's not married and has no kids
-Mr. You're on top of the wrong truck throws his ass to the ground
-Joe Drunk As Hell sleeps in the dirt, just like before he got the roof top tent
You forgot the part where he has been drinking beer out of someone else's envirocooler, and eating snacks out of the wrong orange case. This could get ugly.

Too funny

"Yeah, we Land Cruiser owners are rugged individualists"

Fun day. A friend of mine recently needed emergency back surgery. Prior to his surgery he bought a hydrangea that needed planting. I offered to come plant it for him this morning. The 100 series is cleaned up so I didn't want to throw a shovel in the back. I took my trusty 2000 f150. On the way home I lose power steering and the battery light comes on. I immediately knew my serpentine belt had snapped. I pulled over, and determined the water pump seized on me. 2 hours later the tow truck showed up. Its always something.

Fun day. A friend of mine recently needed emergency back surgery. Prior to his surgery he bought a hydrangea that needed planting. I offered to come plant it for him this morning. The 100 series is cleaned up so I didn't want to throw a shovel in the back. I took my trusty 2000 f150. On the way home I lose power steering and the battery light comes on. I immediately knew my serpentine belt had snapped. I pulled over, and determined the water pump seized on me. 2 hours later the tow truck showed up. Its always something.

I guess that's why they say... "No good deed goes un-punished..." Sorry to hear about your truck and the long wait on a tow. Good Karma will get you back for planting the hydrangea for your friend. Hope he has a speedy recovery.

I guess that's why they say... "No good deed goes un-punished..." Sorry to hear about your truck and the long wait on a tow. Good Karma will get you back for planting the hydrangea for your friend. Hope he has a speedy recovery.
Thank you. He is recovering very well. Had an infection on his spine. He said it felt like a pulled muscle until it got so bad he couldn't walk. Doctors said another day or two and he could have been paralyzed!

Well my house is officially under contract. Got to be out by august 24th. Still working on the purchase of the other home we want. It is a short sale and wells Fargo is taking their sweet time!

Short sale in this hot RE market? That's interesting.

Congrats on the sale. But in case you haven't ever dealt with a short sale, make sure you have a plan B. My sister and her husband put an offer in on one and the bank drug it out so long that by the time the bank came back and accepted their offer (3 or 4 months if I recall), they were not in a position to make the purchase anymore.

Never had understood why they call a short sale "short" because they are anything but.

Congrats on the sale. But in case you haven't ever dealt with a short sale, make sure you have a plan B. My sister and her husband put an offer in on one and the bank drug it out so long that by the time the bank came back and accepted their offer (3 or 4 months if I recall), they were not in a position to make the purchase anymore.

Never had understood why they call a short sale "short" because they are anything but.
Already been dealing with it for 3 months. Yes nothing fast about it and after so long I will walk away.

We purchased our property on a short sale with Bank Of America holding the paper. 415 days from the day we made our offer to closing. We had to re apply for our mortgage twice because they timed out.

Bottom line on all of it, BOA does not care about the person buying their almost foreclosed property, they care how their closings fill out some middle manager's pie chart. We were told by an insider that they had far too many closings in the two quarters prior to our closing and needed closings in the quarter we closed. We only closed when we did because my wife harassed them full time for a couple months and finally found a sympathetic secretary. "All I want to do is buy a house"

I hate to disagree but BOA or any other bank has more to be concerned about than the person trying to buy the house. They have zero obligation to the buyer.
The term "short sale" actually is slang for the current owner attempting to sell their current home, which has a mortgage on it, and pay less than they were contractually obligated to pay. Meaning, if they owe $150K, because they agreed to pay that much back to the company (i.e. bank) that paid the previous seller for the home... they are looking to pay back less than the balance owed.
In reality, that's why I said I am surprised that there is anyone needing to do a "short sale" in this hot real estate market. I imagine that the home had major deferred maintenance or some other issue that the current owners could not take care of. The only other likely issue is someone who is severely delinquent on their mortgage and have incurred a large amount of past due interest and fees, maybe even legal fees. Usually, if someone can't pay their mortgage, they can't do repairs and maintenance on a home.
The simple solution is to agree to the sales price and pay the difference owed, or obligated to, back to the bank. In this case BOA.

Again, it's easy to make BOA out to be the bad guy in this situation. But, in the end, they will be the one on the losing end of the transaction.

Having a blast listening to live music here in downtown Greenville. Didn’t realize this was going on! How often does this happen?

Having a blast listening to live music here in downtown Greenville. Didn’t realize this was going on! How often does this happen?
Every Thursday & Friday in the block from the Hyatt to the Southern Tide store...wish you had posted up you were in town although I’m in Austin, TX til tomorrow evening....banner day as we ate at the original Salt Lick
and I actually saw the damn bats finally emerge after sunset from the Zeiker Bridge (saw nada 2 nights in a row 4 years ago when I was here). Also bringing home some Weller Special Reserve that just can’t be found in Greenville!

Every Thursday & Friday in the block from the Hyatt to the Southern Tide store...wish you had posted up you were in town although I’m in Austin, TX til tomorrow evening....banner day as we ate at the original Salt Lick
and I actually saw the damn bats finally emerge after sunset from the Zeiker Bridge (saw nada 2 nights in a row 4 years ago when I was here). Also bringing home some Weller Special Reserve that just can’t be found in Greenville!
We only rolled in for the night because we love the beer selection at The Trappe Door. Don’t know of any other place with Gulden Draak 9000 on tap. Perhaps in Belgium. We are headed for NC for the Highland Games on Grandfather Mountain.

And concur with your sentiments on Salt Lick! It’s in my top 3 barbecue places in the world.

Visiting the inlaws and my daughter wanted me to look at the neighbor’s dogs. I looked over the wall and sure enough there are two good guard dogs. And a pig.

77681246-8107-4043-B445-75AD75242A79.jpeg

Visiting the inlaws and my daughter wanted me to look at the neighbor’s dogs. I looked over the wall and sure enough there are two good guard dogs. And a pig.

View attachment 1743261

Oh my! So the in laws live in California? Were you able to talk to the owner?

Oh my! So the in laws live in California? Were you able to talk to the owner?
Yes, Cali. I haven't spoken to him personally but the FIL has and says he won't sell.

edit: Nice guy, owned since 96. Used to DD but parked for a little while now. Just looking for the time to work on it

Last edited:
Yesterday was In-N-Out for lunch in California and Varsity for diner in Atlanta. In this battle of local favorites, it is clear the only loser was my health.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom