TWT -- The Wrenching Thread (13 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Added some torsion bar reinforcement brackets to the 100 today.
8DE5620F-4E85-45E3-8C25-FC49D87AB69C.jpeg

Just rebuilt the carb on the leaf blower that @lumbee1 gave me. Replaced the fuel lines, too.

While I’d like it to sound impressive (at least to me), because I’ve never successfully rebuilt a vehicle carb, it only consisted of replacing some gaskets. Woohoo! Runs like a champ now. Small 2-stroke stuff gave me a small victory. Still burns some oil tho.

Just rebuilt the carb on the leaf blower that @lumbee1 gave me. Replaced the fuel lines, too.

While I’d like it to sound impressive (at least to me), because I’ve never successfully rebuilt a vehicle carb, it only consisted of replacing some gaskets. Woohoo! Runs like a champ now. Small 2-stroke stuff gave me a small victory. Still burns some oil tho.
If it's a 2-stroke, it's supposed to. That's the gasoline version of a diesel engine.

All 2-strokes smoke a little. Glad to hear you got it running and I hope you get 10 years out it like I did.

Not really wrenching but it's time to.clean and organize the garage. Insane work schedule and endless projects and family members borrowing and returning tools in random places as well as moving things around the garage has taken its toll. Wish me luck, I may find Jimmy Hoffa in there.

Posting before picture so I can get ragged on for motivation.

20210906_122442.jpg

Not really wrenching but it's time to.clean and organize the garage. Insane work schedule and endless projects and family members borrowing and returning tools in random places as well as moving things around the garage has taken its toll. Wish me luck, I may find Jimmy Hoffa in there.

Posting before picture so I can get ragged on for motivation.

View attachment 2778960
Thank you for posting such a wonderful picture. Will show to the Misses and never hear another word about my basement.

20210906_163026.jpg

Current situation. Have to work some now so pausing for a bit.

looks like home

Where I finished after coming out of my office.

Bags behind the bronco are trash..... will make a trash run this weekend to dump it all and the body panels I swapped off of the vw that are taking up floor space to the left of the bronco. Then I cam finish up that side. Move the work bench to the right side and put in a storage rack.

When the cruiser eventually gets here I can put that oem 80s sleeping platform in it that is currently in the back of the bronco.

Let he bronco run for 30 minutes last night. Sure my neighbors love a 4bt clacking away at 8pm. Lol

Nice Al! My garage is a bit cluttered at the moment, but a good bit of the clutter is prizes for Logan's Run, so most of that will be gone in a couple of weeks, though hopefully I'll get lucky and one or two of the items will make the return trip. ;)

I did a little wrenchin' over the weekend, but nothing exciting enough to take pictures of. I bled the brakes on the 4Runner to complete the repair/install of the Longfields in the rear and attempted to bleed the clutch as well. I guess I do have a couple of pics from last weekend's install of the Longfields.....

Rear Longfields1.jpg

Rear Longfields2.jpg

I want someone to swap their ATM for this one in a 100 so I can see how much work is involved, before I do it. Any takers?

1631383381319.png

I want someone to swap their ATM for this one in a 100 so I can see how much work is involved, before I do it. Any takers?
I can't find the thread presently, but saw someone mention that a TX company does the manual conversion for something like 16k ;).... I am sure you can make the conversion for much cheaper :)

Fixed the fabric falling from the sunroof shade in Laura's bmw, then finished leak testing and plumbing the potable water tank in moonshine. I like how the fill came out.

PXL_20210911_181250977.jpg
PXL_20210911_194607356.jpg
PXL_20210911_201007339.jpg

View attachment 2783433

That's an r151 trans I believe which came in the light duty cruisers like the prado. Id imagine the H151 came in the 100 like the 80 series and cost quite a bit more.

EDIT: a little research and it did come on the 100 and 105 but it was with the uber low powered 1hz.
The 1fz in the 105 and the 2uz and 1hdfte came with the H series.

Last edited:
Turbo came in hx35 with 8cm exhaust

This is the manifold I forgot to post before.

20210911_154604.jpg

20210911_154619.jpg

20210911_154719.jpg

20210911_154722.jpg

20210911_154739.jpg

Last edited:
Was curious if anyone else has encountered this issue before. The front axle in my blue 40 is all sorts of offset. Every bushing in the front is absolutely destroyed but I’m thinking the cause of the issue could be bent frame spring hangers? Anyone experienced this before? This thing has been wheeled hard for a long time but I’m trying to sort it slowly.
A659CC0A-44F1-4455-ACBA-43B61ECBE7F0.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom