Turkey sandwich run (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sdnative said:
Hmm, I was thinking about doing something on the 8th anyway.

How bad is upper CC? I know it has been leveled, but I believe horse canyon is what you are interested in.

How well would my "stock 80 with 33s" do?

Reid and Steve, you know my rig. Steve, we ran lower CC at Borregofest. Reid, we did sidewinder awhile back.

I'd probably be interested, but I don't want to recklessly beat up my rockers (no sliders yet :frown:)
Dang Eric. You're messing with me. I've seen you lately on Adv4x4, but thought you gave up on MUD! Now I know.

There are some fun (aka: challenging) obstacles in Horse Canyon, you could handle it. There are also some bypasses. John (BorregoWrangler) was with us last time and IIRC he had the most trouble. i.e.: open diffs, small tires. BUT, he made it through everything he tackled with a little work.

I don't believe anyone had damage on that run. If any, it was probably me popping a flare off again . . .

[edit]
Correction: This is the run I first bent my relay rod (which ultimately resulted in it resembling a taco). But it was my fault for watching Sandy (YJunk) drive rather than the trail!
[/edit]

Last edited:
Probably not overnight, but who knows . . .

Thinking about going?

Nice looking pup! How long have you had him?

Yeah. But it will depend on whether I'll be working on my bumper. I'd actually prefer to spend the night so as to avoid sooooo much driving

Thanks, he turned 12 weeks today so I've had him for about 3 1/2 weeks.

where's Apollo?

Yeah, I thought about that when I named him. No Apollo however, just his big sister Zoey.

619TOY said:
Yeah. But it will depend on whether I'll be working on my bumper. I'd actually prefer to spend the night so as to avoid sooooo much driving

Thanks, he turned 12 weeks today so I've had him for about 3 1/2 weeks.

Yeah, I thought about that when I named him. No Apollo however, just his big sister Zoey.
Starting the rear bumper eh? Nice.

I'll ask the wife if it's okay to run UCC. If so I'll start a new thread.

Sorry. I asked Brian to change my screen name, but he said no. So I started a new account. I'll add it to the check in thread.

Dang Eric. You're messing with me. I've seen you lately on Adv4x4, but thought you gave up on MUD! Now I know.

There are some fun (aka: challenging) obstacles in Horse Canyon, you could handle it. There are also some bypasses. John (BorregoWrangler) was with us last time and IIRC he had the most trouble. i.e.: open diffs, small tires. BUT, he made it through everything he tackled with a little work.

I don't believe anyone had damage on that run. If any, it was probably me popping a flare off again . . .

[edit]
Correction: This is the run I first bent my relay rod (which ultimately resulted in it resembling a taco). But it was my fault for watching Sandy (YJunk) drive rather than the trail!
[/edit]

Not to get this thread back on topic :flipoff2:
But my buddy Kevin e-mailed me this about his Colorado.....

"So, the service writer called and told me it was a drive shaft. They have to get the part from Reno , so I’ll be driving the go cart, I mean Cobalt rental car they gave me for another day at least."

Bluetribal said:

"So, the service writer called and told me it was a drive shaft. They have to get the part from Reno , so I’ll be driving the go cart, I mean Cobalt rental car they gave me for another day at least."
That's good to hear, although confusing. It must have failed inside the front diff. (?) I watched his front drive shaft spinning.

Are they covering this under warranty, I hope?

OK! Finally some of my pics...in no particular order, so...

DSCN0546.jpg

DSCN0543.jpg

DSCN0542.jpg

next ones...

DSCN0544.jpg

DSCN0548.jpg

DSCN0549.jpg

DSCN0550.jpg

more...

DSCN0555.jpg

DSCN0547.jpg

DSCN0552.jpg

DSCN0554.jpg

still going...

DSCN0560.jpg

DSCN0559.jpg

DSCN0558.jpg

DSCN0557.jpg

and this should be the last one.

DSCN0556.jpg

thanks again for a great gathering/run...

looking forward to the next one already!!!!

cheers, shane.

Great pics Shane.

Cool art too BTW. I like the Phoebe Cates 'Nostalgia' one. The wave is pretty kick ass too. :cool:

We'll do another run soon.

Last edited:
Nice additional pics to the Run.

BTW - I was hearing "Moving in Stereo" by the Cars on that one (Nostalgia). :cool:

haha, have the cars box set on my Ipod, so I've heard it a lot...

Otherwise, glad to hear Kevin got back OK, and yeah another run would be cool.

Finally a good example of Reid's ability to find a squeeze in Truckhaven...... Too bad it wasn't an 80 or Tootsie Roll in this pic to really emphisize it.

Oh and Shane, it was really cool how your dog would go up and pose for a picture!

Shane,
Good pics and I really like the driftwood wave in your ROTW thread. We'll have to get the MUD surfers together to do a baja surf trip in the future. :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom