TTT -- The Tool Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So I start thinking to myself, maybe I can make room for that extra bench grinder.

Dig around in crawlspace ...

"Ohhh, that looks rough"

So thanks to Johnny, another day gone. :flipoff2:

20190915_122947.jpg

20190915_175635.jpg

Huh! I have an old tap and die set from Buffalo.

How are their bench grinders?

After getting an inside look at everything yesterday I would place it on the "lighter" end of the heavy duty spectrum. On the other hand there isn't too much that can go wrong aside from a failed switch, start capacitor, or shaft bearings which are all easy to replace.

if I bring over a bunch of bits, would you like to waste a few more evenings? I can pick them up when you're done. LOL

Johnny enabling update ... Made room for the extra grinder so now have fine and coarse stones. Also had a spare low RPM air compressor motor that I stuck a buffer wheel on. 1.5 HP for a buffer sounds about right doesn't it?

20190920_191228.jpg

I bought this with close to zero expectations simply based on the price but not only does it work, it rocks. Use to square off the edges of grinding wheels or shave them back into round.

Screenshot_20190921-145224_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Johnny enabling update ... Made room for the extra grinder so now have fine and coarse stones. Also had a spare low RPM air compressor motor that I stuck a buffer wheel on. 1.5 HP for a buffer sounds about right doesn't it?

View attachment 2087661
You can't post photos like this. It just gives us all the urge to go buy more tools and do more cleaning and organizing.

You can't post photos like this. It just gives us all the urge to go buy more tools and do more cleaning and organizing.

If you really want to dress the place up, I know a guy that does some rockin photography.

Garage-1.jpg

How did I ever live without one of these? Roller cover and paintbrush spinner. Use it in an empty 5 gallon bucket or be prepared to spray everything within a 10' radius.

Amazon product ASIN B00F29A7Y8

Last edited:

I like those dudes on the right ... that's one I don't have.

If posting favorites I have to say these Knipex channel locks I got about a year ago are worth the cost. Lots of clamping force. Next set will have jaw teeth.

20191010_084606.jpg

^ That's true. I did use it but it didn't make it easy and I'm not sure I've used it since then.

@SFROMAN you're welcome to borrow it anytime.

I like those dudes on the right ... that's one I don't have.

If posting favorites I have to say these Knipex channel locks I got about a year ago are worth the cost. Lots of clamping force. Next set will have jaw teeth.

View attachment 2103685

I have both and they are the s*** fo sho. Used them just yesterday

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom