TORT: The ONSC Rant Thread (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

AMEN brother!! I have yet to hire someone that truly gets it.

Top loading washing machines.
I have a Kenmore 80-series that's been unstoppable for over 20 years. The lid safety switch corroded out a few years ago, so I just bypassed it and kept on rockin'.

80 series always the best

I have a Kenmore 80-series that's been unstoppable for over 20 years. The lid safety switch corroded out a few years ago, so I just bypassed it and kept on rockin'.
Same here. Wife bypassed the switch herself while I was at work. I did have to replace the pump once about 9 years ago, but it was super simple to do.

So, you are using a jack?

I think Toyota's "slow roll" on the Tundra is dumb. No one cares - push out your baby and get back to work Toyota. It ain't gonna be anything that great and we enthusiasts will have to put up with your over-engineered modern hybrid s*** for years. If I wanted worthless engineering, Id buy a VW.

Edit: forgot to post the WORST press release ever:

I want to apologize for the above. I have been watching too much Ricky Gervais:

Na....youre good. The new Tundra is overengineered bloated POS plastic hybrid sh** that will be a pain for sure
That's the current market across the board. unfortunately Toyota isn't going to build a stripped down "old iron" truck or suv for the few thousand of us that would buy it.

Na....youre good. The new Tundra is overengineered bloated POS plastic hybrid sh** that will be a pain for sure

Hasn't it been that way since the Tundra was introduced? Minus the hybrid part. The T-100 was the last *real* pickup toyota made. Maybe the 1st gen Tacoma, but it's been nearly 20 years of all bloated plastic trucks.

Hasn't it been that way since the Tundra was introduced? Minus the hybrid part. The T-100 was the last *real* pickup toyota made. Maybe the 1st gen Tacoma, but it's been nearly 20 years of all bloated plastic trucks.

Nope. The first gen tundra was almost perfect, as car designs and executions go these days. Second gen got bloated looking, too bulbous and rounded and tons more plastic and way too busy interior. Gauges got worse too. MPGs were pretty awful as well (good power though) One small example of why the 2nd gen got worse: Why complicate things with a different door handle for the front and back doors for ext cab models? That adds cost and complexity to the design team, the engineering team, the manufacturing team, and the end user. There was really nothing else to focus design and engineering time and money on? The truck was 100% dead nuts perfect and reliable, so you had a few days and a few hundred thousand dollars to throw at a problem that didn't exist? Even the FIRST gen Tundra had the same door handle front and back on ext. cab models. If they are that dumb, just imagine the hundreds of other stupid decisions they made on the second gen and now the 3rd gen. This is an issue across the board....they get focused on things that don't matter....like complicated and expensive tailgates and bedsides with press formed logos, fancy door handles, way over styled grills and headlights, giant screens, and shifters that fold and disappear (F150) just to get started. All that costs millions to design and develop, when it matters none. I know they claim 'focus groups' but their 'focus groups' are well tailored and groomed, just like trial juries. No one has ever asked me what I think of their over styled, over designed, over complicated, and unnecessarily expensive designs.

@onemanarmy I agree on the first gen Tundra. The engine bay was cavernous and you could fab up extra doo-dad’s to put in there. I enjoyed mine for what it was. Reliable, basic, no frills transportation that had air conditioning. EDIT: No ABS and very little electronics to get in the way of the experience too.

Last edited:
@onemanarmy I agree on the first gen Tundra. The engine bay was cavernous and you could fab up extra doo-dad’s to put in there. I enjoyed mine for what it was. Reliable, basic, no frills transportation that had air conditioning.

But it also had power everything, leather seating (if you wanted), cruiser, nice center console, nice stereo, clean lines, A COLUMN shifter, nice wheels, rugged where it needed to be.

I make this argument often, wanting a truck/car that has all you need and nothing you don't....with focus on dependability and reliability and usefulness and ease of maintenance....and all I hear is 'you want a vehicle out of the stone age'......no.....make a new, modern first gen tundra with the best metal, glass, and rubber. separate radio and HVAC, analog gauges, no sceens except for a simple Double DIN radio/screen that can be swapped easily, headlights and taillights that don't cost $1000 a piece, and on and on......It would be cheaper to make, cheaper to own, and not look dated in 3 years.

Nope. The first gen tundra was almost perfect, as car designs and executions go these days. Second gen got bloated looking, too bulbous and rounded and tons more plastic and way too busy interior. Gauges got worse too. MPGs were pretty awful as well (good power though) One small example of why the 2nd gen got worse: Why complicate things with a different door handle for the front and back doors for ext cab models? That adds cost and complexity to the design team, the engineering team, the manufacturing team, and the end user. There was really nothing else to focus design and engineering time and money on? The truck was 100% dead nuts perfect and reliable, so you had a few days and a few hundred thousand dollars to throw at a problem that didn't exist? Even the FIRST gen Tundra had the same door handle front and back on ext. cab models. If they are that dumb, just imagine the hundreds of other stupid decisions they made on the second gen and now the 3rd gen. This is an issue across the board....they get focused on things that don't matter....like complicated and expensive tailgates and bedsides with press formed logos, fancy door handles, way over styled grills and headlights, giant screens, and shifters that fold and disappear (F150) just to get started. All that costs millions to design and develop, when it matters none. I know they claim 'focus groups' but their 'focus groups' are well tailored and groomed, just like trial juries. No one has ever asked me what I think of their over styled, over designed, over complicated, and unnecessarily expensive designs.

Man you love ranting, lol.

I see your point. First gen Tundra gets a pass. I guess all of us with Land Cruisers are picky with our cars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom