TORT: The ONSC Rant Thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

8 lane divided highway at rush hour, wreck 7 lanes over, the complete opposite side, separated by a permanent jersey barrier....people in the opposite lanes slow down and bring traffic to a crawl. Why do we allow these people to live? No respect for the thousands of people affected by your rubber necking.

They should meet the firing squad.

ha....i guess I'm the only one that has rants....

Another issue.....I'm still working on my startup and have applied to a few incubators and programs (didn't work out this time around), and now I get emails from other programs in the area inviting me to apply. Heck yea....I'll take any and all advice, networking, grant $ I can get. It's all a benefit at this point.

I get an email yesterday inviting me to apply to a program.....seems pretty good...so I email the director to outline my idea and where I am with it. He quickly emails me back and says that the idea sounds good, but at this time, the only program that I would fit with is for 'minorities'. He said if I had a 'minority' team member, I could apply.

WTF. I emailed back and asked to what level he was implying with 'minority'. (Of course he's meaning skin color, but I wanted him to explain the reasoning)....I told him that I could find a way to be a minority.....without lowering myself and identity to just the color of my skin. I thought we have been told to not judge or assume based on skin color.....because that furthers division, prejudice, and racism. Things we should be working to avoid. How does this guy get to be a director of anything while being so obtuse to not understand that anyone can be a 'minority' given the right situation.
How does a middle/upper middle class 'black' person have less opportunities, and need a leg up, than a lower class/working poor white person? (Rhetorical, duh)

Of course I never heard back.

@onemanarmy my deafening silence is the slow boiling rage of discrimination recognition. In any form, it is wrong. I hope your idea is picked up and it makes you famous. I will go back to silently agreeing with you now.

I’m reminded of the old joke about the guy getting a ticket for parking in a handicapped space:

Man: Why are you giving me a ticket?
Cop: Well sir, you don’t appear to be handicapped, so you can’t park in this space.
Man: Oh, but I am!
Cop: What’s your problem then?
Man: I don’t read so good.

City of Raleigh and a Greenway closure at Poole Road.

These geniuses have shut down a part of the greenway that leads to 30 + miles into Johnston County for 3 months. The challenge is they have put up secure barriers. The barriers could easily be located in different spots and people could ride around or make them movable and put them back up when actual work is happening. I was out there this morning from 6 am to 8 am and zero work is going on and I bet the same after 5 pm each day. And the number of people that bike the greenway are 1000s per month and not to mention all the bikers that use the greenway to commute. I blew them up on twitter and they responded about some sewage pipe replacement. That makes sense however shutting down the entre greenway, how about some barriers that can be moved when no work is happening? They did not respond. Which brings me to the old out of date thinking of these folks. Just because you do not use the greenway or bike or exercise, how about you use your brain and do some research? They have basically shut off one of the best routes in the area. (Note - I just climbed the barriers however this is complete BS).

6851602B-618A-4C8B-BFDF-958855E57451.jpeg

Last edited:
@onemanarmy & @Comet I thought the ranting had subsided because everyone got to finally get out and blow off steam at the CRR... Glad (if you can be glad about it) I'm not the only one just building up to a boil. I'm pretty much done with people outside of specific social circles. That's why I'm actively searching for some acreage near the mountains to just disappear onto.

@uzj100 What...you expect government employees to use critical thinking and apply it towards assessing second & third order effects on the citizenship of their blanket actions?!? I work for the Federal government in a job that trains us to do that and we tend to suck at it. You think it's going to happen at the city level? What are you going to ask for next...efficient and appropriate use of your tax dollars!?! ;)

@onemanarmy & @Comet I thought the ranting had subsided because everyone got to finally get out and blow off steam at the CRR... Glad (if you can be glad about it) I'm not the only one just building up to a boil. I'm pretty much done with people outside of specific social circles. That's why I'm actively searching for some acreage near the mountains to just disappear onto.

@uzj100 What...you expect government employees to use critical thinking and apply it towards assessing second & third order effects on the citizenship of their blanket actions?!? I work for the Federal government in a job that trains us to do that and we tend to suck at it. You think it's going to happen at the city level? What are you going to ask for next...efficient and appropriate use of your tax dollars!?! ;)
@FJ Noob exactly! These folks be clueless.

@FJ Noob Sames - looking for land near Oriental to build a Camel Trophy Park (like a hunt camp with no hunting). Trails, obstacles, water crossings, log bridges, etc. ;<)

@FJ Noob Sames - looking for land near Oriental to build a Camel Trophy Park (like a hunt camp with no hunting). Trails, obstacles, water crossings, log bridges, etc. ;<)
I'm looking on the other side of the mountains in eastern TN. Same kind of thing though. With any luck, this time next year there'll be a pit-stop area for anyone headed to GSMTR.

With Raleigh home prices right now, you can sell and probably afford to buy half of Pamlico county...

I'd say "come West to Pittsboro," but s*** got UNreal this last year: Three bed, two bath 1800 sqft house that sold for ~$180 crapped out ~two years ago, then for "way too much" fixed up like 1.5 years ago for $350, just sold for ~$470K.

Everyday I thank the Lord for the home we bought when we did and the way we did (before it went on market, fixed price, needing work).

Don't get me started about the Chatham Park home prices LOL.

Edit: I know this pales in comparison to Raleigh, btw.

Typical high real estate market, good if you're selling, not so good if you are buying. Glad to hear you got the property at a fixed price off the market. We did the same last year with a rental property. We gutted it and got 90% of the floor repairs done, including two full bathrooms and we stopped. We had far too many things going on already and something had to give. I am sure you are in the same boat Jamie, in regard to repairs. It never ends :)

Out west on an adventure trip pulling our trailer. I park behind the hotel in the second two lane row of parking spots away from everyone. There are 30+ Empty spaces available and a third parking lot with entrance doors on all sides of hotel. I unhook the trailer to avoid parking issues in large mountain city downtown. I go for grub & resupply trip and return less then 20 minutes later. There is a sedan parked in-front of my trailer-less then 5 ft from tongue with 30 EMPTY parking spaces still available including row up against hotel. Well at least no single person can move it and/or hook up to it. I leave it for the night; however, I come back out 3 hours later to find sedan replaced by a SUV with driver still in it. I don’t know if he saw me looking at him, but he pulled out of the space and drove off. I walked out to the fourth row and moved cruiser back in front of trailer.

I will spare you my thoughts on people who have no trailer, nor big truck driving experience passing/cutting me and other rigs off. Time for more ☕️ or 🥃

Out west on an adventure trip pulling our trailer. I park behind the hotel in the second two lane row of parking spots away from everyone. There are 30+ Empty spaces available and a third parking lot with entrance doors on all sides of hotel. I unhook the trailer to avoid parking issues in large mountain city downtown. I go for grub & resupply trip and return less then 20 minutes later. There is a sedan parked in-front of my trailer-less then 5 ft from tongue with 30 EMPTY parking spaces still available including row up against hotel. Well at least no single person can move it and/or hook up to it. I leave it for the night; however, I come back out 3 hours later to find sedan replaced by a SUV with driver still in it. I don’t know if he saw me looking at him, but he pulled out of the space and drove off. I walked out to the fourth row and moved cruiser back in front of trailer.

I will spare you my thoughts on people who have no trailer, nor big truck driving experience passing/cutting me and other rigs off. Time for more ☕️ or 🥃
worthy rant. people are bungholes.......that's truly it. :)

It's like people getting 87 at the only diesel pump, with 12 other available regular. It's ignorance, which I try to be lenient, but your above situation takes a SPECIAL lack of awareness.

@mtweller exactly! Unfortunately, I have to deal with both types depending on which vehicle I drive. Awareness and respect for fellow human should be built into our brains!!!

Last night at a low budget hotel. Park the 100 by itself away from everything. 30 empty spots at least. 2 dick nuggets back in close to me on both sides. I Can barely get the doors open. Peeps be clueless.

We cannot fix stupid. Sorry, we are sharing the earth with them.
1624151271715.png

sometimes i wonder if this is why people don't park straight in between the lines. so others wont park next to them but, call them a dick for parking like that and just walk away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom