TORT: The ONSC Rant Thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

she can no longer play the piano like she used to.
Me: Doctor, will I be able to play the piano?
Doctor: I don't see why not.
Me: Good, because I've never been able to!

One of my favorite stupid and clean jokes.

Then there's this one - "Don't tell my mother I'm an accountant. She thinks I'm a piano player in a whorehouse."

My mother is 93, will be 94 in Nov. She lives in a nursing home/assisted living facility in PA. She has already had Covid. Her nurse told me "You know your mother, she is too ornery to just die from some damn flu, her words about the flu..". Her place is shut down tight as a drum. Deliveries are left at the curb, period and sterilized. No visitors, period. Stay away is their philosophy. She hates talking on the phone, goes in spurts of just plain not answering. "I'm 93, I'll do what I please" Her biggest complaint is that she has out lived almost all of her friends and she can no longer play the piano like she used to.
Why am I not surprised that you have a direct genetic line to ornery?

:)

"...but, before we start, I'd like everybody to make sure that they are somewhere safe, cords and cables are stowed safely, and there are no tripping hazards. Please look for dangers all around you and take whatever precautions are necessary to correct any issues. Also, make sure that you have a clear plan to exit your area safely and quickly if the need were to arise".

So begins almost every online work meeting or call that I have heard Sarah participate in since February. The other day I laughed out loud while her mic was still on; a woman on the call said "I know, right? I've been in the same place for 6 months!" Sarah muted it while I replied "Six months? Sounds like you should have made sure your space was safe a long time ago." Now I'm not allowed to even mumble to myself while she's on a call.

"...but, before we start, I'd like everybody to make sure that they are somewhere safe, cords and cables are stowed safely, and there are no tripping hazards. Please look for dangers all around you and take whatever precautions are necessary to correct any issues. Also, make sure that you have a clear plan to exit your area safely and quickly if the need were to arise".

So begins almost every online work meeting or call that I have heard Sarah participate in since February. The other day I laughed out loud while her mic was still on; a woman on the call said "I know, right? I've been in the same place for 6 months!" Sarah muted it while I replied "Six months? Sounds like you should have made sure your space was safe a long time ago." Now I'm not allowed to even mumble to myself while she's on a call.

ahahahah, so true. I feel like I know my SO's co-workers on the same level that she does at this point.....which hasn't helped me quit the bottle, either.... ;)

Don’t know why, but that made me think of Malcolm X at the into to “Cult of Personality”

Terrorism

1604450297893.jpeg

Or just a ginger?

So my nightmare of a tenant finally left. No word no nothing. Just packed her s*** up and left. No rent payment for 6 months.
it would have been only 4 months but when I took her to court back in September the judge didn’t know the law and could not give a ruling. Turns out that my wife and I know more about NC eviction law than this moron in his ****hing Hawaiian shirt.
because he could not give us a ruling the tenant was able to stay longer And both my wife and I knew she would continue to not pay.
We just avoided the court all together and terminated her lease due to no payment because we knew we were well within the law the first time we tried to evict her in September.
And of course , as expected. She left a bunch of furniture in the house that I have to get rid of and a mess that I will have to pay to clean up.
but at least she is no longer my problem and she can move along and screw somebody else out of $10k.

Yes they started looking at Craigslist for estimated value of vehicles

So my nightmare of a tenant finally left. No word no nothing. Just packed her s*** up and left. No rent payment for 6 months.
it would have been only 4 months but when I took her to court back in September the judge didn’t know the law and could not give a ruling. Turns out that my wife and I know more about NC eviction law than this moron in his f***hing Hawaiian shirt.
because he could not give us a ruling the tenant was able to stay longer And both my wife and I knew she would continue to not pay.
We just avoided the court all together and terminated her lease due to no payment because we knew we were well within the law the first time we tried to evict her in September.
And of course , as expected. She left a bunch of furniture in the house that I have to get rid of and a mess that I will have to pay to clean up.
but at least she is no longer my problem and she can move along and screw somebody else out of $10k.

Not a huge fan of ratings, but sometimes I wish we could rate people like they do businesses, etc. Give Mary Jane Rottencrotch a 0/5 star rating on Google with the above feedback, ya know?

I think the Air B&B allowed you to be rated. I stayed with a couple for about three months, staying in a different location each week while in the region on work. I think they rated me and I rated their locations. Not 5 star hotel awesome properties but really cool and unique locations.

Not a huge fan of ratings, but sometimes I wish we could rate people like they do businesses, etc. Give Mary Jane Rottencrotch a 0/5 star rating on Google with the above feedback, ya know?

I thought credit ratings and rental history took care of that?

I rather her just be gone. I don’t have the time or the patience to deal with a court system that believes that it’s ok for people to not pay rent and still not evict them. We filed everything properly and the judge refused to make her get out. So at this point I am done with her. Maybe my wife might pursue legal action against her but I know I won’t.
My idea is to double down.
I have already started renovating the property and then flip it and make my money back and then some.
maybe that’s not the best way to go about it but I feel like I am better off staying away from s***ty lazy people and I hate associating with them or dealing with them. So I choose to be happy and not deal with her ever again.
The best part is this.
the neighbors said she bought a brand new Cadillac in July.
a piece of garbage like that will never be happy and will never succeed. I don’t wish anything negative toward her but karma has a funny way of taking care of Shady people like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom