Builds TonyP's Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great work @TonyP ! I thought about you yesterday when I heard someone lockup their tires behind me on the freeway. Its amazing how many thoughts run through your mind in a fraction of a second.....
1) Uh oh. I might get hit!
2) Hey, is that a CRV? No? Dang.
3) Wait a minute this could work out in my favor just like TonyP
4) What if I get hit too hard?
5) I hope no one gets hurt
6) I wonder if I should get the same degree of tilt on my sliders?
7) Should I try to color match my bumpers or just go black?
8) Man I can't wait to get my bumpers from Jason
9) Dammit - they stopped in time and didn't hit me!

Remove backup lights
When someone pulls up at a red light, quickly jam into reverse
Get out yelling that they rear ended you
Order "free" steel bumper

Great work @TonyP ! I thought about you yesterday when I heard someone lockup their tires behind me on the freeway.

Instead of a new rear bumper, I recommend you invest in a high quality brake upgrade. After that the bumper will take care of itself.

Remove backup lights
When someone pulls up at a red light, quickly jam into reverse
Get out yelling that they rear ended you
Order "free" steel bumper

Funny stuff :rofl:

I just bought the new Garmin dash cam for occurrences of this sort and other weirdness.

I was thinking of buying one of those cheapo $60 GoPro clones from Amazon for this purpose. I'd have to turn off audio though as I say some very absurd things while driving in Utah.

There is a guy in the 80 section who has a dash cam and has uploaded videos. He also installed train horns, yes as in locomotive train horns, talk about absurd!

Moly splatter everywhere and a hosed ABS wire but the CVs are re-booted and all is well. I need to blast off the extra grease at a car wash. Also I had to re-wire an over-tugged ABS/Speed wire. I guess I'll order a new one but it's working as of now.

Here's the final sitting spot, it'll still settle a bit. Mind you this is with heavy springs in the rear so it's a little high and stiff in the rear. Otherwise it rides great. Sooo much better than stock. I'll get a solid review once the bumpers are on and it's weighed down as it's set up to be. Hopefully before the 4-day weekend coming up. But the weather is suppose to be nice this weekend so maybe I'll do a quick ride up near Bear Lake.

Also, a few new patches.

20170519_161220.jpg

20170519_161655.jpg

20170519_161154.jpg

Last edited:
Decided to drive up near Bear Lake. A few of the trails were still blocked off and/or snowed in. I went down a trail that's far too small for the big 200. Plenty of pinstripes but whatever, now people will know it's not a mall crawler. They'll buff out.

Found a nice spot and decided to stay the night.

The suspension worked great. Washboards are a bitch but that's as to be expected.

IMG_1258.jpg

IMG_1259.jpg

IMG_1263.jpg

IMG_1264.jpg

IMG_1266.jpg

IMG_1267.jpg

Decided to drive up near Bear Lake. A few of the trails were still blocked off and/or snowed in. I went down a trail that's far too small for the big 200. Plenty of pinstripes but whatever, now people will know it's not a mall crawler. They'll buff out.

Found a nice spot and decided to stay the night.

The suspension worked great. Washboards are a bitch but that's as to be expected.

IMG_1258.jpg

IMG_1259.jpg

IMG_1263.jpg

IMG_1264.jpg

IMG_1266.jpg

IMG_1267.jpg

LOVE your new rear bumper! Awesome departure angle! :hillbilly: haha

Seriously though...when do your sweet custom bumpers finally go on?

Yeah I need to trim that grass in the driveway. Stupid Home Depot weed killer was a waste of money.

20170524_193224.jpg

Keep it...I think grass in your driveway cracks negates all the carbon emitted by your LC. Woo! :hillbilly:

Or diesel.....;)

Enough grass and weed talk... get back to the build
T - if i missed it I apologize, what rate springs are you running front on rear to handel the additional weight

Enough grass and weed talk... get back to the build
T - if i missed it I apologize, what rate springs are you running front on rear to handel the additional weight

Mediums for in the front (up to 660# I believe, could be off on that, I'm not near my computer) and heavies (up to 1100# constant) in the rear. The rear is surprisingly docile for a heavy spring. I think the big bore shock keeps it comfortable enough for daily driving.

As for the build, sliders and rear are done and installed beside the small bits (camera relocate, parking sensors, work-light wiring)

About to start on the front which (should) be fairly easy. Preview from last night as I finished wiring the aux bumper lights at nearly 10pm. Now my spare is a Jack-o-Lantern

20170525_212246.jpg

Mediums for in the front (up to 660# I believe, could be off on that, I'm not near my computer) and heavies (up to 1100# constant) in the rear. The rear is surprisingly docile for a heavy spring. I think the big bore shock keeps it comfortable enough for daily driving.

As for the build, sliders and rear are done and installed beside the small bits (camera relocate, parking sensors, work-light wiring)

About to start on the front which (should) be fairly easy. Preview from last night as I finished wiring the aux bumper lights at nearly 10pm. Now my spare is a Jack-o-Lantern

20170525_212246.jpg
@MScruiser had a nice bracket made or he made it to relocate his camera off to the side a bit more for a better view / clearance from the side mounted tire....check it out if your looking for ideas - nice set up! you'll be a hit around town during Halloween

@MScruiser had a nice bracket made or he made it to relocate his camera off to the side a bit more for a better view / clearance from the side mounted tire....check it out if your looking for ideas - nice set up! you'll be a hit around town during Halloween

Nope. My camera is in the stock location and at the stock angle.

20170525_212246.jpg

Your COs are for bumper with winch and 45mm adjustable shocks and the rears springs are constant load 660-1100# with 45mm adjustable shocks.

Not sure about the 200 but I like to run my 100 with the 45mm adjustables at stage 6-8 on highway/DD and 2-4 off road, pending how I'm loaded.

J

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom