Builds Tink's preservation - 1964 FST (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I had some rust scale build up in the cab heater. Decided to drain the radiator fluid and put in EvapoRust. Ran the engine up to temp several times and checked it with an infrared temp gun. Seems to be cooling evenly at multiple points on the engine.

IMG_2216.jpg

👍 Did you block drain the evaporust? I was thinking of using Thermocure then block drain as well as radiator drain.

Pics showing the bypass T fitting. One line to the heater connects to the new nipple supplied by @ToyotaMatt . The other line to the heater taps into the down tube. I did have the down tube, but didn't have the connector with the shutoff valve. Thanks to Mark @65swb45 supplying the shutoff valve. City Racer supplied the stainless steel hose clamps that mimic the originals. Gasket seal on the original radiator cap was cracked. @ToyotaMatt has the right size smaller cap with chain for the original radiator.

View attachment 2961190

View attachment 2961229

View attachment 2961230

View attachment 2961351

View attachment 2961352

Hello @kunzma ,

happy Easter weekend .......

i recently shot one of my T-TEN Technical Empowerment Thu Education Pod Cast Videos YOU TUBE Channel , exclusively on the topics of : :cool:

" Vintage Toyota Land Cruiser Water Bibs Heater Hose Ports Cylinder Heads & Engine Blocks Drains "

i had no idea this was located Rad Hard Pipe too ?

kindly matt

Last edited:
Last edited:
Changed out the canvas on the doors. I soaked the new, heavier weight canvas in a large batch of tea for 5-6 hours to take away some of the new brightness. I think maybe I should rub some dirt on the doors to more closely match the top.

A quick explanation of re-skinning the doors. I cut the slots in the canvas for tabs on the baton and then used a light coat of contact cement to help secure it. At the bottom of the door I stapled the end of the canvass to a small board and then rolled it up. I then put some vise grips on it to give me something to hang some weight on it. This kept the canvas fairly taught in one direction. I then worked down the sides, pulling it tight and installing the trim pieces.

IMG_2307.jpg

IMG_2461 (1).jpg

IMG_2464 (1).jpg

IMG_2463 (1).jpg

IMG_2465 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful!

Decided that while I was away training for a new job that I would send Tink off to have the engine, transmission and transfer case worked on by Red Line Land Cruisers. Received about 400 pictures of the process from Justin. Picked just a few showing the highlights. The internals were in pretty good shape considering how old the truck is. Lots of bearings were missing. Parts that were worn beyond tolerances, Justin had replacements in stock. That sped up the whole process.

IMG_3013.JPG

IMG_3019 1.jpg

IMG_3025.jpg

IMG_3382.jpg

IMG_3384.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom