Time Capsule, 67 FJ40 (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Screen in front of radiators is quite common on cruisers if they are used in high grassy areas where grass seed is known to clog the radiators causing overheating and at times fires. I grew up in Africa. Pretty common on cruisers there.
Is that a Toyota part? Any details on what and where to get? I want/need one (actually two).

Those seat covers are definitely originals. The red canister is likely a Engine block Heater for keeping the engine warm in extreme cold when sitting. I’ve seen a few in my early ones over the years.

Such an amazing find and time capsule! Congrats!
Definitely a block heater, found the chord.
20210324_134011.jpg

I’m with JP on the seat covers being original mainly because the rig still has the white pyramid material on the running boards, so this rig must of spent its unused time garaged or such.

That is the horn relay with its cover, score. The “L” Elephant Horn is the low frequency horn, score, the missing one would have an “H” for high pitch frequency. Brake master’s been replaced, still has original tin cup clutch master, score. Remnants of the original hood pads are still there, they are of some fabric sort vs. the solid rubber replacements now available. (JP’s @ClemsonCruiser mom might be able to make some for you, 😂). Wipers original, score, heater shutoff valve original, score. Etc., etc., etc. Yeah, that’s a score!

Hard to tell from first pics but looks like drivers side apron is a little high, so maybe there’s some body alignment wiggle room to get that hood aligned. Coeur d’Alene sticker for oil changes, maybe the rig spent some time in Idaho.
The registrations that I got with it show new in Denver, then 20 yrs in Idaho, then Montana. Two registered owners before me.
I do not recognize this. Does not look like any 40 I have ever owned.

View attachment 2624754
Ramsey PTO.
20210324_133703.jpg
20210324_134328.jpg

@Mtntopper if it’s cool with you I’ve got a ‘67 magazine review I can post up if you’d like. I didn’t want to clutter up your thread without asking.

Is that spring over shock the Cambria Overload Spring shown in that pricing book? Never seen that before.

The registrations that I got with it show new in Denver, then 20 yrs in Idaho, then Montana. Two registered owners before me.
Ramsey PTO.View attachment 2624920View attachment 2624921

Interesting lever for the Ramsey PTO. Have a 62 tub that the cable to operate the PTO was to the left of the instrument cluster. My 70 FJ40 the cable is attached to the bottom of the dash left of the steering wheel. As far as I know the cable was part of the PTO kit.

Thanks @whitey45. I want to see more, like the tool box, the hand-crank-starter clips, the front door wind-wings, and the door interior surfaces? Are they the same style as your '71?
Two differences I've noted on the door interiors. One is that an access panel is painted body color instead of pewter. Second thing is that the handle to open the door from the inside swings the opposite direction.

So, your doors have the early six-screw access panel, the later bug-catcher vents, the early door striker/regulator where the handle operates the regulator. They also look like the glass is the tall one, like on my '64 FJ45 front doors, but I'm pretty sure that I'm wrong on that one.
Checked, the glass and the doors measure exactly the same as my '71.

Steve was kind enough to stop by the house coming home with this beauty. It is very cool with so many original features.

I lusted over that radio for sure!!
Jon was awesome for having us out to his house, what an amazing place. I really appreciated him taking the time out of his day to share his projects with us. You're an inspiration Jon, thanks!
IMG_8368.jpg
IMG_8371.jpg
IMG_8378.jpg
IMG_8380.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom