1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The official 1HDT Intercooler thread

Discussion in 'Diesel Tech / 24 volts' started by Enigma, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Grevis

Grevis

Complete kit made to order Ian.

IanB likes this.
  2. Tapage

Tapage Club 4X4 Panamá SILVER Star

that's a big core .. how it's the lag .? altho piping it's to the min .. my only upgrade would be another fan in there ..

3. mudgudgeon

mudgudgeon

@Grevis how does it connect to the manifold?

It's mounted to the body, but looks like not much room for a flexible connection to the manifold? Just wondering how it will cope with vibrations and engine movement?

4. Nathjf88

Nathjf88

They mount up like the cross country coolers

5. gerg

gerg

Media:
    the front mounts are on the body where as they attach to the front of the intercooler which will move with the engine. I guess if the bracket can handle the flex it would be fine. If that bracket is stiff it will cause the intercooler to torque.

Tapage likes this.
  6. Grevis

Grevis

Tapage there's not really enough room for another fan between the cooler and the rocker cover. This cooler is very efficient the average temperature during the day where I live is mid 30c and I have popped the bonnet after giving my car a hard time in low range and the cooler is still only warm to touch with my hands.
    As for lag well my car didn't have a cooler on it when I bought it and I installed the gturbo at the same time so there was an improvement really.

7. Grevis

Grevis

Mud the piping of the cooler exits towards the firewall and curls underneath it into the manifold as opposed to the cross country unit which does the same but towards the front of the motor.
    Seems to holding up really well in regards to vibrations etc I recently just completed a 17000km road trip with it which included half the great central road and the gibb.

slosh likes this.