The life and times of my 1987 Toyota Pickup - KLF Special (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I vote fuchsia :flipoff2:

I was thinking of re-doing the truck to look something like this actually...

too-many-flames.jpg

I gave it a thumbs down. That is one vile truck.

If there was ever a post that deserved a thumbs down that’d be the one. Blegh just ugly 🤢 the worst part is that someone dumped a ton of money into it to look like that

If there was ever a post that deserved a thumbs down that’d be the one. Blegh just ugly 🤢 the worst part is that someone dumped a ton of money into it to look like that
He will need good luck trying to sell it.

I will confirm that I did have nightmares because of that post! o_O

I think fuchsia is looking better and better.... :hmm:

:steer:

Well guys, I was able to get that window for the camper shell installed! Had to have it custom cut but that's not a big deal. Took it off and threw it in the shop to start sanding and prepping for paint!

a68oni.jpg

zgyOtn.jpg

OXubI4.jpg

I also spent my Saturday going on a trail run with the local Toyota club (Copper State Cruisers). It was about 100 miles off-road, the first part being relatively easy and the second part being extremely easy. It was more of a overlanding run but was still super fun! I did have a couple chances to use 4 LO and the rear locker. The second part of the run took us to some of the ghost towns in Southern Arizona and right up to the border. Was a super fun day and met a great group of guys – plus the turnout was pretty good for being planned two days in advance!

S0L2jO.jpg

csc-rotm-ghost-town-loop_1096-jpg.1924286

csc-rotm-ghost-town-loop_1117-copy-jpg.1924287

ghdMw4.jpg

JyHERl.jpg

j2qF3f.jpg

HccEni.jpg

fL3DkI.jpg

And to top it off we got to end the day with this beautiful sunset. I swear no place has them like we do.

6Xd0Va.jpg

It was an absolute blast to get the truck out and use it for what I bought it for. Can't wait to go on the next adventure!

And to top it off we got to end the day with this beautiful sunset. I swear no place has them like we do.

6Xd0Va.jpg

I’ve enjoyed some great ones from Apache, but Ventura County gets some gooders too!
5F8C8EC1-46E1-4F6C-BC8B-3E4EBEFB9088.png
9B3B2262-BB48-4736-8007-1C88AAD05AEF.png

Well guys, last Saturday I got to participate in the 2nd annual Copper State Cruisers "Classic Cruize". Went up north near Globe & Superior and did some really fun trails and got to see some really cool trucks! Ended up staying the night and camping with some great folks - it was a lot of fun!
leo5lJ.jpg

XmoE3r.jpg

mvimg_20190413_103837-jpg.1952904

mvimg_20190413_111549-jpg.1952906

7d_29047-small-jpg.1954399
4yZ9lM.jpg
y0FnVP.jpg

So I just did a quick look back through this thread and the original build thread, but couldn’t find info on the sas. What springs/hangers were used? Because it is a great height.

So I just did a quick look back through this thread and the original build thread, but couldn’t find info on the sas. What springs/hangers were used? Because it is a great height.

The spring hanger was homemade by @KLF. It's got OME springs on it but I'm not sure what size lift. I can check and see if the part #'s are still on the springs so you have that.

Here's some pics of the spring hanger.

YwCUdL.jpg

Wr4cce.jpg

79yvHz.jpg

KD1ZUP.jpg

I'm sure Ken could probably fill you in on what size springs this things running and the other deets.

Weird. It looks so low compared to other SAS rigs I’ve seen.

Weird. It looks so low compared to other SAS rigs I’ve seen.

It is about as low as you can get with a SAS, that's by design. I wanted it to pass inspection, which it barely does. But if it was any lower, the tie rod and drag link would hit the frame on the passenger side.

@yotadude520 I don't remember the OME spring numbers, there is a receipt in that binder I sent you from the recent replacement with all the part numbers. Shop name is ScerbFab, right down the street from me.

It is about as low as you can get with a SAS, that's by design. I wanted it to pass inspection, which it barely does. But if it was any lower, the tie rod and drag link would hit the frame on the passenger side.

@yotadude520 I don't remember the OME spring numbers, there is a receipt in that binder I sent you from the recent replacement with all the part numbers. Shop name is ScerbFab, right down the street from me.

We’re they springs for a Toyota pickup? Or just something you picked out of their catalog with the right dimensions?

They are the springs and everything that are supposed to fit a solid axle truck of that vintage. The first set of springs I installed on that truck were hand-me-down OME from my old '84 truck, so I designed everything for them to fit. I liked the ride, so when the first set of springs wore out, I just went with the same thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom