Builds The Green Bastard (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Was able to use the end of the driveway and its weird angle to get the radiator cap juuuuuuuuust to the right height, took the LC out to lunch for a co-workers going away lunch.
(I made sure the heat worked before setting off for lunch!)
(I checked the coolant before heading home :D )
After that, I buttoned up the external wiring, rear bumper lights function as expected, along with the new plate lights out on the swingarm!

Thanks for the help everyone!

Last edited:
Am I almost done with baselining?
Most everything in this post is done except for:

throttle body cleaning
fuel filter

what am I supposed to do now?
drive it?
O_O

Not a lot has been accomplished this week, being on call hasn't left me with much free time.
Have been scrambling around to get ready for this weekend, I need to redo the sleeping platform to make it more better, and figure out what is going on with this coleman stove I bought

I installed the VC120 today what do I do with the third hose? Manual says its a "canister hose" , does it vent to atmosphere? I plugged it will that work?

I installed the VC120 today what do I do with the third hose? Manual says its a "canister hose" , does it vent to atmosphere? I plugged it will that work?
if it was the one that attaches to the bottom of the can, I broke mine off on accident when removing the can.
I think the function of that hose (which goes to some vent / breather on the chassis) is replaced in the same function by the intake on the bottom of the VC120

When coming back from the meet and greet, I noted that the kilmat previously installed did not make it allllllll the way up the transmission tunnel.
Around the seats, it stops about 6" short of the tunnel, so I guess the seats are coming out (what a great time this would be to do the seat gears)
Also I continue to find sand >.>
IMG_2439 - Copy.jpeg

IMG_2438 - Copy.jpeg

Question about 12v grounds:
Is this sufficient?
I have left that circuit disconnected since I have purchased the vehicle, but am wondering if this is enough for a ground:
IMG_2437 - Copy.jpg
IMG_2436 - Copy.jpg

When coming back from the meet and greet, I noted that the kilmat previously installed did not make it allllllll the way up the transmission tunnel.
Around the seats, it stops about 6" short of the tunnel, so I guess the seats are coming out (what a great time this would be to do the seat gears)
Also I continue to find sand >.>
View attachment 2952937
View attachment 2952938

Question about 12v grounds:
Is this sufficient?
I have left that circuit disconnected since I have purchased the vehicle, but am wondering if this is enough for a ground:
View attachment 2952939View attachment 2952940

Did you measure resistance?

That'll tell you if a ground is good.

I weigh outsourcing things. My time is money. And I want to enjoy wrenching. If it's a miserable job or extremely labor intensive I may just pay someone.

Normally I would've bought a trans and swapped it myself. But something told me to just pay for it. That $800 I paid in labor has paid dividends.
I do that some times especially on bigger jobs

it has turned to be sizable, going to have to check the rear heater lines, once I can get the block drain plug out, it seems to be constantly breaking free, and then becoming stuck again
Just bypass. Goes from like 10 hoses worth of failure points to like 3or 4 I think. I’m refreshing my rig and also took out the blower

In a great adventure of curiosity, I took apart one of the door arm rests (the one in worst condition) will see how good my stitching is still :D

Things to purchase next time there is some super toyota sale:
driver seat foam (if seats are not already swapped)
more better wiper nozzles
2nd battery box for passenger side (if not already purchased)
105 pittman arm upgrade stuff (if current one gets busted)
uhhhhh 🤔

In a great adventure of curiosity, I took apart one of the door arm rests (the one in worst condition) will see how good my stitching is still :D

Things to purchase next time there is some super toyota sale:
driver seat foam (if seats are not already swapped)
more better wiper nozzles
2nd battery box for passenger side (if not already purchased)
105 pittman arm upgrade stuff (if current one gets busted)
uhhhhh 🤔
I recommend watching the classifieds here on MUD for the 105 Pittman. I think I saw it a month or so ago.

Also I have upgraded nozzles for you. I'll had them off at Relic Run. Just send me a PM to remind me.

I think I read a few days ago that you are planning on taking out your back seats to make a platform to sleep on. I don't know your family or passengers situation, but what if you just lowered the back seat and lay a mat on your drawer and seats?

Screenshot_20220328-142618.png
Screenshot_20220328-142629.png

I think I read a few days ago that you are planning on taking out your back seats to make a platform to sleep on. I don't know your family or passengers situation, but what if you just lowered the back seat and lay a mat on your drawer and seats?

View attachment 2964946View attachment 2964947
Turns out I never posted photos of what I ended up doing 🤔

Ended up going with a sleeping platform, it is held in place by a shortened ratchet strap that hooks into the 2nd row seat points.

IMG-2420 - Copy.jpg

IMG-2421 - Copy.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom