"The Green Bastard" My free 85 4Runner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Send it to you? What's your address? Hehehe :cheers:

I but brake fluid in after the video was shot. The master needs work though... The steering column is there, but it's been all hacked up thanks to the thieves... and it didn't show up in the video cause the camera was on the seat... :D

I am totally convinced that you cannot kill a 22R/RE. It's just not possible no matter how much abuse they receive.

I have like $3000+ into my free 85 pickup....so dont be afraid to spend!!!

spool....33's...longer shocks

done

Update! The half top has both side windows back in, and there's 4 1/2 seats piled inside out of the weather right now. I need to fill the sunroof hole still.....

The front sway bar has been removed and I installed a good used 1" master out of a 91 4Runner in anticipation of brake upgrades... And so it'll stop without pumping...

I'm going to have to swap the whole upper steering column out of my dad's parts truck... the thieves buggered this one too much to just install new ignition stuff.... Oh well. No new pics. :cheers:

I've been busy with other things.... Hehe

I have my own problems

uh-oh, multiple vehicles... My name is _ _ _ _ _, I'm a toyotaholic.

It started out my being my fault but my wife is an enabler...

That actually looks like decent wheelin' / wheelbarrow / workhorse kind of rig.

"Kief" only has 4 letters.....??? I'm confused.... :D

I dunno about that, he's only at 1700 while you're now a mod going on 5000 posts, ya sellout! :flipoff2:

Jerod's thread is more popular though in my case. :D

ROTM Submission: 1995 4Runner: "Project Wimpy"
NorCalBorn

10-08-09 12:44 AM Replies:15 Views:644

"Ran when Parked" My free 85 4Runner
2ndGenToyotaFan

10-08-09 12:44 AM Replies:34 Views:644

More replies, same read count. :D

So I figure I'll throw things off a bit more, 1 more view plus 1 more reply! ;)

Last edited:
Ok, back to our regularly scheduled program.

Not much to update, I pulled the starter and cleaned up the contacts inside, then snapped off the plug for the small wire... So now I'll have to rig that back up... I hope I can find some time this weekend to get it a little more water tight, and maybe play with the steering column. :cheers:

I am totally convinced that you cannot kill a 22R/RE. It's just not possible no matter how much abuse they receive.
i am convinced this is the best information you have contributed to this forum ;)

i may have a landcruiser living with me if i play my cards right :) we are a sick breed aint we :D

ok LandPimp has way more yotas i think than most of us, so we have not totally lost our minds.

Jerod im really excited to see that thing up and runnin so maybe you can drive it up here again for browns camp and beat the crap out of it this upcoming year

The starter is repaired... I desoldered the broken part, and soldered a heavy wire to it with a regular spade connector on it going out through the hole. The stock plug should go right on it. Then I used The Right Stuff to make it stay put and not ground out anywhere, and seal up the hole. See fuzzy phone pic. :cheers: Going to try to get to my dad's today and steal his spare steering column.
1016091654.jpg

I got a piece of OSB cut to fill the sunroof hole, but not installed yet.... I got the column swapped, but not quite all back together, and I got the starter reinstalled, turns out it's a remanufactured Toyota starter! :D Not a bad night, and tomorrow is still the weekend!!!

Last edited:
i am convinced this is the best information you have contributed to this forum ;)

[sniff]

Yer picking on me again. I'll go back to the FJ40 section. At least they love me over there.

:flipoff2:

I love you here Pappy! And I think he meant that in a complimentary way...

Here's what I did today.... sort of....

My pile of seats, transfer cases, and stuff....

DSC06620.JPG
DSC06673.JPG

Some water proofing....
DSC06674.JPG

My new sunroof, half waterproofed....
DSC06676.JPG

Turn signal relocation... this mod actually cost me money cause I broke a headlight while I was beating on the body....
DSC06678.JPG

Ok, it's been a while, but I've been busy with other things, so you'll have to excuse me... I built a pole shed at a friends house to keep it in, so it's not in the weather all the time... I have bought, and installed a Marlin Crawler clocked dual case adapter! :D Oh yeah! Just 2 stock cases for now... So the current crawl ratio is 84.27:1 Which is almost right on what the crawl ratio of the Caird is... I bled the brakes today, so they are working again, although the used master I have may still need a little help... I built a square rear drive shaft, and it's in and working well. Reverse makes a strange clunking noise in the trans... It works, but is loud...

Still to do: Build front drive shaft, install 3 seats, bob the rear and add some armor, weld up rear diff. Also the engine cooling system needs to be watched for a while... I hopefully fixed one leak today, but we'll see.... :D It's moving again though!!!! So I'm stoked!

Also, the truck has been renamed "The Green Bastard" "Ran When Parked" was good, but a little cumbersome, and everyone was just calling it the green thing... SO...

cfe5d8afa7961978
DSC06619.JPG
DSC06622.JPG
DSC06624.JPG
DSC06769.JPG
DSC06771.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom