Builds The great Stoffel (HJ61 build) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

DSCF2599-XL.jpg

Got it back from paint last night! I'm still putting the pieces together but so far it's looking great!!

DSCF2592-XL.jpg

DSCF2596-XL.jpg
Looks phenomenal. Money well spent enjoy it!

Honestly I probably would have changed colors to something a bit lighter if I was doing a body off paint job, but the black still turned out pretty damn good. Next up is to paint the "TOYOTA" letters white and then turn my attention to the interior. New tint and door panels are in the future!

DEFEAT!! I give up!! I have been fighting issues with the brake system that might actually be an issue with the vacuum system??!! I don't know, I just know that I am done throwing parts and money at it. Sooooo, off to the mechanic it goes and I can throw parts and money at him until it's fixed!

So far I have replaced the brake booster, played with the master cylinder, replaced pads, and even replaced the vacuum pump at the insistence of a different mechanic. Nothing, nothing is working and I still have a hard pedal with next to no brakes at all. Also, it has started to keep running when I turn the key off at times (hence the vacuum issue??). I'm at a loss here, off to the mechanic. Damn.

IMG_20190923_123228508-XL.jpg

Damn that sucks man. I know its a little late but check the proportion valve not even sure you have one its right below the brake master cylinder its mounted with the master cylinder and booster last couple of 60s i have worked on that thing was rusted up internally yours may be different just thinking out loud.
Tommy

Damn that sucks man. I know its a little late but check the proportion valve not even sure you have one its right below the brake master cylinder its mounted with the master cylinder and booster last couple of 60s i have worked on that thing was rusted up internally yours may be different just thinking out loud.
Tommy

Pretty sure he does not have one, only the lspv at the back, and a vac check valve at the front.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom