the DSRTRDR is getting some TLC . . . (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Those backing plates look a hell of a lot better than the ones you gave me but by Friday they should be brand new again. When are you starting on the front axles I want to come work for the day.

what no pictures?

This?

:doh:, that is your axle with lots of new bits stuck to it! :whoops:
axle_1.jpg

Those backing plates look a hell of a lot better than mine. ...

They should, are the vastly superior later type, with the composite cooling scoop and louvers on them!:cool:

:hillbilly:

I'm going to start looking for a 60 axle now!

Now for something completely different!

The comment was, do all of the '40's that show here, end up looking like this? ,,, Yep, pretty much!:hillbilly:
axle_2.jpg

The '62/3FE Pump fits like it was made to go there! Had to cut the little ring of hose that is by the oil cap off the bypass hose and will need to slightly reroute the fuel line. A 2 pulley harmonic balancer would likely be good?:hillbilly:
axle_6.jpg
axle_7.jpg
axle_8.jpg

very nice I looked in 6 states so far no fuel pumps Look great you guys did some work after I left about time!

very nice I looked in 6 states so far no fuel pumps

That's good, you are looking for a 3FE power steering pump, like pictured above.:hillbilly:

Look great you guys did some work after I left about time!

Yep, right after we finished chatting with the slackers!;p

The '62/3FE Pump fits like it was made to go there! Had to cut the little ring of hose that is by the oil cap off the bypass hose and will need to slightly reroute the fuel line. A 2 pulley harmonic balancer would likely be good?:hillbilly:

is that new blue box leaking ? :eek:

Hope the 'ol turd polisher got a proper eulogy.

Last edited:
Hope the 'ol turd polisher got a proper eulogy.

it hasn't been hacked off the steering column yet - looks like I'll have to keep the column part for the OEM steering wheel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom