Builds The '93 Troopy Hodgepodge (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Soon my man, soon and you can come put your hands all over it.

You will definitely have to take it for a drive before it gets torn down. Before and after drives to me are a must!

Cheers

For sure.
I would assume the refinement, comfort and noise level of the Troopy, currently, is about that of the Hyster Forklifts we drive at work. Though they do have power steering. :D

It's rare these days to be genuinely surprised by a quality of a product you purchase. Usually, you keep your expectations low and hope for the best, especially in the aftermarket realm where s*** products and s*** customer service are far more plentiful than quality.

These items do no fall into that category. My god are they the real deal. I've wanted to acquire gullwing windows for a while before the build starts. They fall perfectly into my interior build plans. Quick-Pitch refuses to respond to my follow-up emails despite giving me an invoice. Expedition Centre in NSW told me it wasn't worth it to ship them to the states. That left EmuWing. After a few adult beverages (as all my major purchases seem to happen) I ordered a pair of these for the Troopy. The pics on their website looked iffy at best, figured I'd give it a shot. Glad I did. Ordered on the 11th, showed up today on the 15th. Four days from Victoria to Utah.

I went for front gullwings for both L and R. I'll keep the rears glass windows for now. I might order the glass gullwings now though after seeing these. They come in aluminum or glass.

Sorry for the ramble.
Pics:

Very well packaged

5aj8e2z.jpg

Great coating, just a tad of dust.

MAOVXUm.jpg

I was worried about these, thinking they were plastic. Nope, they're metal, very nice feeling in the hand. Not some cheap part.

h2H2QLS.jpg

Another concern that they'd be cheap and thin. NOPE, nice and thick aluminum.

9RFbbsd.jpg

All the installation goods, including Sikaflex and very nice gas struts and enormous hinges.

HsBL5hV.jpg

v9HXUh7.jpg

@indycole doooit!

Just wanted to 'remind' @TonyP that you bought some speaker pods over the weekend.....:D

I can't wait to see all these parts go on your build. Seeing them all is making me think some Megazip is in my future.....

Just wanted to 'remind' @TonyP that you bought some speaker pods over the weekend.....:D

I can't wait to see all these parts go on your build. Seeing them all is making me think some Megazip is in my future.....

Of course! Looking forward to getting my hands on those too 🍺

So many nice parts, now all I need is a Troopy to put them on...

PartSouq is the way to go if at all possible.
Megazip has let me down many-a-times.

Of course! Looking forward to getting my hands on those too 🍺

So many nice parts, now all I need is a Troopy to put them on...

PartSouq is the way to go if at all possible.
Megazip has let me down many-a-times.

I'll tell you what....Megazip as been great. Not a single issue. I really like Amayama....a little slow in how they do their payment stuff but it works. Partsouq always seems expensive....at least on the stuff I need. Megazip always has a 10% off coupon too.

Funny how the price from those 3 can be SO different. I bought a radiator for the #1 truck and I think there was a $150 spread between them.

I'll tell you what....Megazip as been great. Not a single issue. I really like Amayama....a little slow in how they do their payment stuff but it works. Partsouq always seems expensive....at least on the stuff I need. Megazip always has a 10% off coupon too.

Funny how the price from those 3 can be SO different. I bought a radiator for the #1 truck and I think there was a $150 spread between them.

That's wild. Opposite experiences. I always build identical shopping carts with both Partsouq and Megazip just to verify prices and Partsouq has always been cheaper for me, even with coupons.

Either way, I'm glad we have parts resources like them to buy non-US stuff. Kinda like Schneidman for new-old-stock BMW parts.

Well, we are cleared! The Troopy is now legally in the USA.

:)

I will save you all the drama but it was a pain in the ass.

Just got to get them out of the port and then off to me.

Cheers

Hell yeah.
Looks like it'll be in our undisclosed holding yard in the Seattle area the end of this week, awaiting a truck to bring them to Boise.
Probably won't make it by my birthday on Monday but it's all gravy. Just glad they're out of Port-Purgatory collecting storage fees.

So both are safe and sound north of Seattle and will be picked up on Monday to come out here to me.

046BD74B-1953-43AC-BB08-CB58396E1945.jpeg

@Delta VS has got the donor 80 down to a rolling chassis. I am excited to see the Troopy as well as put it side by side with the 80 chassis.

Cheers

That blue bastard is like a stray puppy who has cigarettes put out on it's nose for 25 years.
Now it's being taken in by a demonstrative, eccentric, family. It has no idea what it's in store for.

Haha good description!

When I found it had been abandoned for two years. Funny but the owner had actually turned down two offers during that time for more than we paid. One guy, a Cruiserhead, in the town it comes from was a little butthurt when we got it since he had tried to buy it a year or two before.

:)

Cheers

Heading up to Idaho on Saturday to scope it out, give it a drive to see if a 1HZ troopy is as agricultural as I remember it, and shoot the s***.
Stoked!

Looking forward to it my man!

I will let you post any pics. I just washed the old turd top to bottom, inside and out with 1000psi and 220*.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom