Wanted Texas - 40 Series Land Cruiser (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey guys! I am turning 16 in a couple days and would love to have a Land Cruiser as my first car. I don't know too much about TLC's or this forum and I hope I am posting this correctly but I know I am looking for a entry-level 40 made after 1976. I am not looking for anything specific, I just cant wait to have one to call my own. I am looking for one if possible closer to Texas but I am open to shipping options. My budget is $18,000 before shipping. Thank y'all so much, I cant wait to be able to join this community.

Last edited:
Hey guys! I am turning 16 in a couple days and would love to have a Land Cruiser as my first car. I don't know too much about TLC's or this forum and I hope I am posting this correctly but I know I am looking for a entry-level 40 made after 1976. I am not looking for anything specific, I don't care if its a BJ or FJ, LHD or RHD, or where its from. I just cant wait to have one to call my own. I am looking for one if possible closer to Texas but I am open to shipping options. My budget is $15,000 before shipping. Thank y'all so much, I cant wait to be able to join this community.
A couple of things you may not have considered if you are successful in buying a 40 Series .......
1) Your "coolness factor" will go through the roof and you'll have to deal with that.
2) The uniqueness of a 40 Series will make it difficult for you to tell your parents that it was someone else when you do something stupid. :)

* I bought my son a 1971 Land Rover Series lll when he turned 16. It was the ONLY Series Land Rover in our small town and with a couple of phone calls I could always find out where my son was. It was like the early version of GPS tracking.

Very cool!

I would suggest you skip anything RHD as your only wheels. You may already be an excellent driver but in today's world of distracted drivers introducing variables should be avoided whenever possible.

Happy birthday!

2) The uniqueness of a 40 Series will make it difficult for you to tell your parents that it was someone else when you do something stupid. :)

Not to worry in todays world, almost everyone will say the (insert color here) jeep did what ever.
plead innocent and say you don't own/drive a jeep.

I’m in Tucson, Arizona and we see a good amount of FJ40's popping up here. This one has been for sale for a while and I'm not sure why it hasn't sold yet...but would be a good start to a project and you'd have plenty of money to throw at it given how cheap and rust free it looks.

1966 Toyota FJ40 FJ 40 Landcruiser Land cruiser Project

Let me know if you want me to take a peek at it for ya and get you some more pics.

Thank you for the link but I think were going to try to look a little closer.

Also, it gives you something to do with your weekends; keeps you out of bars and away from bad influences since you will always be working on it (yes, I have owned British cars and bikes too).

Haha I bet my parents would love to hear that. Teens just keep getting crazier.

A couple of things you may not have considered if you are successful in buying a 40 Series .......
1) Your "coolness factor" will go through the roof and you'll have to deal with that.

* I bought my son a 1971 Land Rover Series lll when he turned 16. It was the ONLY Series Land Rover in our small town and with a couple of phone calls I could always find out where my son was. It was like the early version of GPS tracking.

Haha I cant wait for the "coolness factor" to kick in. The uniqueness is something I may have to worry about I only know of one other 40s series in my town.

Welcome and Happy Birthday!!

Here’s a link for searchtempest... you can use it to search every craigslist within x miles of a zip code.

It’s currently set for every zip code within 500 miles of 75001 (Dallas).

Just enter “Toyota Landcruiser FJ40” and search. It will return several links. Click on each of them to see the results.

I have to admit, this has changed since I saw it last. It still works, just clutters the results with advertisements.

Be sure you check Lubbock, I saw what appeared to be a nice, red ‘77.

Good luck!!

SearchTempest: Search all of Craigslist nationwide & more

Welcome and Happy Birthday!!

Here’s a link for searchtempest... you can use it to search every craigslist within x miles of a zip code.

It’s currently set for every zip code within 500 miles of 75001 (Dallas).

Just enter “Toyota Landcruiser FJ40” and search. It will return several links. Click on each of them to see the results.

I have to admit, this has changed since I saw it last. It still works, just clutters the results with advertisements.

Be sure you check Lubbock, I saw what appeared to be a nice, red ‘77.

Good luck!!

SearchTempest: Search all of Craigslist nationwide & more

Thank you! I've been using something called AutoTempest im not sure if theyre related but ill give it a try.

I'm old so take this for what it's worth.

If you start driving a 40 as your first car I sure do hope that you'll be super careful. I wouldn't describe these trucks as being "safe" in any sort of way. At minimum they are prone to rolling. This could have a very bad ending.

I still like my music loud.......

I'm old so take this for what it's worth.

If you start driving a 40 as your first car I sure do hope that you'll be super careful. I wouldn't describe these trucks as being "safe" in any sort of way. At minimum they are prone to rolling. This could have a very bad ending.

I still like my music loud.......
That is, if you can get them going fast enough to roll over. :bounce:

Hey guys! I am turning 16 in a couple days and would love to have a Land Cruiser as my first car. I don't know too much about TLC's or this forum and I hope I am posting this correctly but I know I am looking for a entry-level 40 made after 1976. I am not looking for anything specific, I just cant wait to have one to call my own. I am looking for one if possible closer to Texas but I am open to shipping options. My budget is $18,000 before shipping. Thank y'all so much, I cant wait to be able to join this community.

Still looking!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom