Wanted Texas - 40 Series Land Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey guys! I am turning 16 in a couple days and would love to have a Land Cruiser as my first car. I don't know too much about TLC's or this forum and I hope I am posting this correctly but I know I am looking for a entry-level 40 made after 1976. I am not looking for anything specific, I just cant wait to have one to call my own. I am looking for one if possible closer to Texas but I am open to shipping options. My budget is $18,000 before shipping. Thank y'all so much, I cant wait to be able to join this community.

Last edited:
Pluck!

Does my heart good to read your post! I’ll be on the lookout! Your timing is good. 40-series prices have calmed down some. All the buzz is on early Bronco’s, Blazers and C/K trucks.
Great to hear. Thank you!

Hey guys! I am turning 16 in a couple days and would love to have a Land Cruiser as my first car. I don't know too much about TLC's or this forum and I hope I am posting this correctly but I know I am looking for a entry-level 40 made after 1976. I am not looking for anything specific, I don't care if its a BJ or FJ, LHD or RHD, or where its from. I just cant wait to have one to call my own. I am looking for one if possible closer to Texas but I am open to shipping options. My budget is $15,000 before shipping. Thank y'all so much, I cant wait to be able to join this community.

good start, be leery of the south and central American imports and if you find a rig post it up here for opinions and if possible find someone locally to look at it with you. You can check local clubs and ask there. in the clubhouse section in the top header bar
lastly, don't jump into anything, take it slow and 1 will come along.

good start, be leery of the south and central American imports and if you find a rig post it up here for opinions and if possible find someone locally to look at it with you. You can check local clubs and ask there. in the clubhouse section in the top header bar
lastly, don't jump into anything, take it slow and 1 will come along.
Got it. Thanks

There's some good advice here!

If one pops up near me I'll be happy to send it your way and do a PPI if you'd like.

Good luck with the hunt!

Curious why you are limiting search to newer than 76. Is it disc brakes? ambulance rear doors? 4spd?

A 40 was my first car in 85.

n3c5SBfoYqspjHbYQuCN_Y-3oYDtHp60CLN9mZE7gpelUahgkSbeakn4sFueS1QJ3bWhmfrLwjxAVvWYxtx1jVxQdqiZ6bQMJYE4sy-Cc2kKp8JA3ua3WOJyo81OGgLx5XC2j1-8zoO3GBw-QeTQOTxTZ91z8GAR2r5SJ9pJGTUvfqLj9j2zDAkS5lLtIumPgDtyLAC9i5TLm9iydCaqrtnhf1GQwuNZyPIMeoMuvteeJIydZrNjroz2rxGeRMW6HQzis4LrgJ0ur8BSRFy-bg41ANpOD-GiF-gweAXPDU52Q_frMRgUkWg3bpJn-CUwt2rjUsvTqY4YJdcQjpggaWM041UETLegswpxaF4ZnIY=s0-d-e1-ft

Hey guys! I am turning 16 in a couple days and would love to have a Land Cruiser as my first car. I don't know too much about TLC's or this forum and I hope I am posting this correctly but I know I am looking for a entry-level 40 made after 1976. I am not looking for anything specific, I don't care if its a BJ or FJ, LHD or RHD, or where its from. I just cant wait to have one to call my own. I am looking for one if possible closer to Texas but I am open to shipping options. My budget is $15,000 before shipping. Thank y'all so much, I cant wait to be able to join this community.
I had a Triumph at your age. At 16 you are obviously a lot smarter than I was at that age. :)

Maybe you've already thought of it, but check Craigslist in all the major Texas markets. That's where I found the one I have now.

There's some good advice here!

If one pops up near me I'll be happy to send it your way and do a PPI if you'd like.

Good luck with the hunt!

Thank you so much for replying. What area do you live in?

Curious why you are limiting search to newer than 76. Is it disc brakes? ambulance rear doors? 4spd?

A 40 was my first car in 85.

n3c5SBfoYqspjHbYQuCN_Y-3oYDtHp60CLN9mZE7gpelUahgkSbeakn4sFueS1QJ3bWhmfrLwjxAVvWYxtx1jVxQdqiZ6bQMJYE4sy-Cc2kKp8JA3ua3WOJyo81OGgLx5XC2j1-8zoO3GBw-QeTQOTxTZ91z8GAR2r5SJ9pJGTUvfqLj9j2zDAkS5lLtIumPgDtyLAC9i5TLm9iydCaqrtnhf1GQwuNZyPIMeoMuvteeJIydZrNjroz2rxGeRMW6HQzis4LrgJ0ur8BSRFy-bg41ANpOD-GiF-gweAXPDU52Q_frMRgUkWg3bpJn-CUwt2rjUsvTqY4YJdcQjpggaWM041UETLegswpxaF4ZnIY=s0-d-e1-ft

Yes sir that's exactly what im looking for. I love the looks of the ambulance doors. Great picture I hope to have a picture just like it.

Maybe you've already thought of it, but check Craigslist in all the major Texas markets. That's where I found the one I have now.

Thank you. That's my plan of action right now.

Well you do meet a lot of nice people while you're waiting on a tow truck.

Also, it gives you something to do with your weekends; keeps you out of bars and away from bad influences since you will always be working on it (yes, I have owned British cars and bikes too).

Thank you so much for replying. What area do you live in?

I’m in Tucson, Arizona and we see a good amount of FJ40's popping up here. This one has been for sale for a while and I'm not sure why it hasn't sold yet...but would be a good start to a project and you'd have plenty of money to throw at it given how cheap and rust free it looks.

1966 Toyota FJ40 FJ 40 Landcruiser Land cruiser Project

Let me know if you want me to take a peek at it for ya and get you some more pics.

Also, it gives you something to do with your weekends; keeps you out of bars and away from bad influences since you will always be working on it (yes, I have owned British cars and bikes too).
Actually I started drinking heavily after I bought that Triumph. :lol:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom