Target carrier (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

tell ya what... based upon the list of procured items, I'll see what I can glue together... How many amps is the heater? (sorry- I'm being lazy there...)

tell ya what... based upon the list of procured items, I'll see what I can glue together... How many amps is the heater? (sorry- I'm being lazy there...)

The Webasto heater plus the interior fan running on high pulls ~5.5-6.5 amps.

The Webasto heater plus the interior fan running on med pulls ~2.5-3.2 amps, this is most likely were it will spend most of its time.

ODYSSEY battery would like to stay above 10 volts for best life.

Short Webasto heater update, we ran over to City of Rocks National Reserve for four days of camping and exploring.

Outside temps ranged between 30° to 20° at night and the cab temps stayed in the mid 60’s with the heater up one from its lowest setting. Now that I’m confident this will work for our camping needs I’ll finish up the Arduino control project.

Because it’s the sty, pictures..

IMG_20171027_164529896_HDR.jpg

Base camp,

IMG_20171027_175008781.jpg

IMG_20171027_182235420_HDR.jpg

IMG_20171027_185052706_HDR.jpg

Rock that found my long pigass climbing a steep incline.

IMG_20171029_120925903.jpg

^^^that's your wheel chock...and what a nice rack!!!

^^ x2

and what a nice rack!!!

Why thank you, I’m just starting to get used to the jiggling when I jog.

Blue chips not good. That had to be a very steep climb.

It really wasn’t that bad, something like a 6’ deep V-notch that ran across the abandoned little no nothing trail we were on. The issue was my laziness not wanting to get out to lock in my front hubs and hitting it too fast to get a run at the up side of the notch, the two notches prior to this one worked exactly as planed and just drug the rear bumper a bit at the bottom and shot up the back side with no issues.

Funny part is the day before we went up a nasty trail that looked like an avalanche ran down through the middle of it and spent most of the day trying to negotiate our way around the devastation, after just about flipping the pig on its side a few times and bashing over downed trees we got out of there with just a little extra pinstriping.

Are you going to repalce the entire rear end again. Let's see a pic of the carnage. :(

As they say. Only by practicing or repeatedly doing something can one become proficient or skillful at it.

Technically it was never my plan to be proficient and pig surgery but necessity may require I change my master plan.

All joking aside I don’t have a good plan at this point, I was hoping to start on the Angry Pig in the next week or two for an upcoming event next year and cutting both pigs apart doesn’t sound too appealing right now. I’ll try to get out in the next day or so and pressure wash all the mud and gunk off the damaged area to see exactly what I have.

Last edited:

Thanks man I appreciate you finding that video for me, looks very close to what I need to ultimately build for my heater.

I’ve been laying on my back welding on the quarter panel most of the morning (although the term “welding” might not actually describe exactly what I was doing and burning my armpits with molten metal would have better described my actions) it was nice to come in the office for a brake and watch that video.

Short Webasto heater update, we ran over to City of Rocks National Reserve for four days of camping and exploring.

Outside temps ranged between 30° to 20° at night and the cab temps stayed in the mid 60’s with the heater up one from its lowest setting. Now that I’m confident this will work for our camping needs I’ll finish up the Arduino control project.

Because it’s the sty, pictures..

View attachment 1566404

Base camp,

View attachment 1566408
View attachment 1566410
View attachment 1566412

Rock that found my long pigass climbing a steep incline.

View attachment 1566413

City of Rocks is a cool spot to explore. Been there a couple of times.

City of Rocks is a cool spot to explore. Been there a couple of times.

We are hoping to go back next year in the fall and spend a couple days camping, from what we hear the landscape is breath taking when all the leaves start turning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom