Tall skinny tires (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@EWheeler and @mattressking what size lifts are guys running including shackle height? I measured the real steel bows and the 40 is about an inch higher than the garage door. I’m considering replacing the shackles to a different size to clear but would like to continue with the 35’s. I believe the tire will still clear if I drop it an inch.

IMG_0907.jpeg

IMG_0905.jpeg

@EWheeler and @mattressking what size lifts are guys running including shackle height? I measured the real steel bows and the 40 is about an inch higher than the garage door. I’m considering replacing the shackles to a different size to clear but would like to continue with the 35’s. I believe the tire will still clear if I drop it an inch.

View attachment 3551579

View attachment 3551580
I believe my 40 has the SOR lift springs which is advertised as 2”. Front and rear both have the factory length shackles, it has that “stuffed” look to it.

33ED641F-4521-4443-817F-0E277AA09EE6.jpeg

Dont know if that helps?

View attachment 3551579

View attachment 3551580

4” lift springs with 1.5” extended shackles up front and 2.5” in rear.

Here’s the only decent side photos I have currently.

IMG_7168.jpeg

IMG_6283.jpeg

View attachment 3551579

View attachment 3551580

Typically, If you shorten the shackle by an inch, it will lower the vehicle by 1/2 that amount.

Last edited:
View attachment 3554347

Cheers
This + California roads + 75 series leaf springs =

IMG_8735.jpeg

View attachment 3554347

Cheers
I considered XZL's at one point. I liked the way the look and the Idea of them reportedly being a very durable tire. I searched alot. This is the only reasonable prices I could find on XZL in North America: 8.25R16 Michelin XZL g wagon | Military Tires - https://militarytires.ca/product/8-25r16-michelin-xzl/
The Mercedes G wagons used by the Canadian Army and in limited numbers by USMC come with those tires. Sometimes when the military switches tire suppliers they'll actually change or turn in to DRMO all the tires from the old supplier even if they are still good. IT's a wastefull way of avoiding complaints/reports of contract violations by continuing to use the old suppliers tires.
You can find chinese copies on Alibaba, but you'd need to do a group buy with some friends, or buy in bulk and ebay what you don't need. : Hot Sell Excellent Off-road Tyre 255/100 R16 Yellow Sea Off Road Tire High Performance Extreme Off Road Tyres - Buy Off-road Tyre 255/100 R16,Off-road Tyre,Extreme Off Road Tyres Product on Alibaba.com - https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Hot-Sell-Excellent-off-road-tyre_1600182451916.html?spm=a2700.galleryofferlist.normal_offer.d_title.19734e7eJOXoI5

Anyone used these in the 35x10.R17 flavor? I’m thinking seriously about it. Had my eye on the Kendas, but they’ve jumped in price!

Most of the reviews I’ve seen have been good, with a handful of ‘out of round’ horror stories. But most seem to have been warrantied out, of the handful.

Keep us posted if you go that route.

Anyone used these in the 35x10.R17 flavor? I’m thinking seriously about it. Had my eye on the Kendas, but they’ve jumped in price!

Most of the reviews I’ve seen have been good, with a handful of ‘out of round’ horror stories. But most seem to have been warrantied out, of the handful.

Wow...they're sub $1K for four of them.

Wow...they're sub $1K for four of them.
Yep yep. I’ve talked to a few guys who had various offerings from them, and they really liked them. I think here in a month or two after I refinish some 17” Sequoia wheels, it may have to happen. I feel like that size would be perfect. I’ve got 315’s now. Had 33x9.5x15’s on a prior cruiser and LOVED them. I think this will be even better, provided they’re a quality product.

Well NVM… I lucked into some 5,000 mile old, 2023 manufacture BFG KM3’s in 35x12.5x17 for a heck of a deal. Now off to look for threads on refinishing and painting or powder coating 17” sequoia wheels!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom