T-case shift knob rattle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

85roktoy

SILVER Star
Threads
A rattle coming from my t-case shift knob is driving me nuts. I can hear it at highway speeds. The harder I press the gas the louder it gets. I can grab it and it will stop. Removed the boot but couldn’t see anything obvious. Sounds like a loose linkage or nut somewhere. Any ideas without pulling the hump out to further investigate?

Try some neoprene pipe insulation like for 1/2 copper so it fits tights. It might quiet it down.

Mine does this too. Been using the bungee cord trick for years.

Have you greased the shift linkage? There is a zerk fitting on a shaft there. It might help. Other than that bungie cord.

Have you greased the shift linkage? There is a zerk fitting on a shaft there. It might help. Other than that bungie cord.
I have not will look. It’s not the knob itself but something below the inside of the cab.

Any luck with this? I was just searching this issue and I’m amazed to find such a recent post.
Mine seems to rattle inside as well. It’s not the knob but more like linkages. Also it only does it in 5th gear.
I can grab the shifter and with pressure in one direction or another it reduces but I don’t want to add wear to my transfer case by doing that with a bungee.

Also, my door lock tombstones always jiggle around and rattle, anyone figure out a way to tighten those up besides jamming a wedge in?

Collecting options for my H55F conversion.
IMG_20200224_131827201.jpg
20220103_140812.jpg

Will be sure everything rubber and nylon in the shifters is good condition. Have a fifth gen 4Runner and it anything is resting on the transfer shifter it will vibrate. Just the nature of shifters attached to something with internal moving parts.

Oddly, loosening my transfer case shifter knob worked for me when I was facing this a few years ago. That, and lubing the linkage. Must have shifted the balance just enough.

A rattle coming from my t-case shift knob is driving me nuts. I can hear it at highway speeds. The harder I press the gas the louder it gets. I can grab it and it will stop. Removed the boot but couldn’t see anything obvious. Sounds like a loose linkage or nut somewhere. Any ideas without pulling the hump out to further investigate?

i would not be complaining about your nuts getting drivin ?

this was me and my boy Nick for a while .......... :confused:

we are better now :D:beer::beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom