Supra fuel pump (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

There are some very old threads on the matter. I think some of sumotoys old posts discussed it along with rrfp. IIRC the consensus a decade ago was it was not worth it. No reason to push more fuel as even the oem unit provides enough for the S/C applications.

@Romer did you run one at one point?

Did it for the SC and will be doing it for the turbo as well since I have "plans" ;)

Yeah, I put one in. Likely not necessary, even with the v8, but I had 2 of them so I put one in. Very little modification needed. Pump design is basically the same, it’s just fatter. It will have positive and negative posts on top versus having a connector.

There are some very old threads on the matter. I think some of sumotoys old posts discussed it along with rrfp. IIRC the consensus a decade ago was it was not worth it. No reason to push more fuel as even the oem unit provides enough for the S/C applications.

@Romer did you run one at one point?

I did run the supra pump back when I had my 80. Here is a thread from 13 years ago. Damn I have been here a while

Another thread on the same thing:

Running one with my turbo setup.

Ran one on my turbo setup. I had a brand new spare that I needed up putting in my n/a for ease of not ordering a part. It's tons louder. But again I have no rear seats

Thanks. I ordered the denso one that's not in the toyota box. Figured I might as well upgrade in case I turbo or supercharge or LS7.

If you ordered a Denso 950-0133, I would return it. It apparently draws more amperage than the Toyota one. I replaced mine with the Denso and chased random power loss gremlins for over a year.

Well, if you turn the key to “on” without starting you can hear it prime, but barely.

Been installing the supra fuel pump. Did anyone that has this pump upgrade any of the wiring. According to gadget he had the supra pump flow tested:
I ordered a Supra fuel pump through Conicelli Toyota. When it arrived I sent it out to RC Engineering to have it flow tested. That is one hell of a fuel pump. At 45 PSI it flowed 285 liters per hour (LPH) and would support 753 HP, but would draw 19.6 amps while doing it. It did seem to be at least enough for the supercharged 3.4 so I pulled the tank and installed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom