SQOD Squad - Stupid Question Of the Day (34 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

To set the mirror setting: Press Set then 1, 2, or 3. That’s it.

I don’t think there’s a way to change the mirror position when you go into reverse, but if it’s set to L or R they will point downwards when you reverse, if it’s in the center they don’t move
So the reverse mirror position is a default and not saveable? Maybe I'm thinking of the other four or five cars I've had with the feature, every one had it configurable

What is everyone using for engine cover push clips that aren’t dealer$hip or crap Amazon? I have about 4 different kinds on mine and wouldn’t mind finding a decent replacement for uniformity.
Uniformly remove them all? That’s what I did. (Pins, not the covers)

So the reverse mirror position is a default and not saveable? Maybe I'm thinking of the other four or five cars I've had with the feature, every one had it configurable
I don't think any Lexus I've had would allow adjustment of the mirror tilt in revers. It's always been whatever the engineers decided.

I don't think any Lexus I've had would allow adjustment of the mirror tilt in revers. It's always been whatever the engineers decided.
That would definitely explain my "malfunction"

That's so funny this looks exactly like outside my office in Boston, I've also seen a black 200 series with bronze rims park on the street, looks identical to your rig, I'll take a pic if i see it again lol I'm actually moving from Boston to Raleigh, NC in a couple months and my parents live in Arlington, I recommend not coming here in the winter, beautiful in the summer though
Just leave the Bruins jersey in Boston. 😬

I've searched but I can't find it.

I've crossed over the 100K point, so I know it's time to do a refresh on the engine: radiator, water pump, idler/tensioner, serp belt, etc. I'm looking for the list of parts (part #s would even be better) of "while I'm in there" to order up now. I also have an annoying rattle coming from the area that I need to eliminate, I'm hoping it's just a loose heat shield. Just don't want to forget something then have to wait and leave the truck down. Will be tackling this as soon as the weather warms up.

I don't believe the starter is in the vicinity of this project, so I'll wait on that. I do know I have another mouse nest under the intake, so that will have to come off (this is the third time). Might as well do the plugs too.

Can we please get rid of this button on a top level menu with near Elon musk level sub 10 micron tolerance padding around the UI?????
Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 11.40.13 AM.png

Please?

I've searched but I can't find it.

I've crossed over the 100K point, so I know it's time to do a refresh on the engine: radiator, water pump, idler/tensioner, serp belt, etc. I'm looking for the list of parts (part #s would even be better) of "while I'm in there" to order up now. I also have an annoying rattle coming from the area that I need to eliminate, I'm hoping it's just a loose heat shield. Just don't want to forget something then have to wait and leave the truck down. Will be tackling this as soon as the weather warms up.

I don't believe the starter is in the vicinity of this project, so I'll wait on that. I do know I have another mouse nest under the intake, so that will have to come off (this is the third time). Might as well do the plugs too.
Post #20.

Here you go on the parts:

Screenshot_20240327_094240_DuckDuckGo.jpg

I don't understand... What's wrong with the "change style" button?

IDK, maybe y'all love flipping the contrast 10x a day? Im not even sure who can tolerate black on white webpage these days.

IDK, maybe y'all love flipping the contrast 10x a day? Im not even sure who can tolerate black on white webpage these days.
It always stays in dark mode for me, and I never even touch or think about the change style button.

Do you have dark mode selected in your user preferences?

darkmode.png

It always stays in dark mode for me, and I never even touch or think about the change style button.

Do you have dark mode selected in your user preferences?

View attachment 3592608

Yes it is which is why I don't understand there being a toggle that probably never gets used right next to probably the #1 most used function which is notifications. I hit it by mistake every once in a while and sear my eyeballs.

As long as we are asking meta questions on this thread… how come it’s not one of the sticky threads by now?

As long as we are asking meta questions on this thread… how come it’s not one of the sticky threads by now?

It's pseudo stickied. There's enough SQs for it to always be first page lol

I actually use this as a catch all thread. If I have any sort of q or things not really thread worthy I always post it here.

Like this next post I was making.

Weirdness of the rough cuts on the interior framing aside, do we all have this signature scratch for some reason???

Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 4.03.16 PM.png

Is this a stress relief or something?

Last edited:
Yes it is which is why I don't understand there being a toggle that probably never gets used right next to probably the #1 most used function which is notifications. I hit it by mistake every once in a while and sear my eyeballs.
hm, never happens to me

must be karma!

Any general thoughts on a quality rebuilt alternator vs. Ponying up the money for brand new?
Go for OEM Brand new. Changing the alternator on the 200 isnt a simple install like on a chevy 350. It's labor intensive so best to buy OEM to ensure you are getting a quality product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom