SQOD Squad - Stupid Question Of the Day (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was messing with my dashcam, and the micro/mini (sim card sized) sd card ejected "with a lot of gusto", and fell into the vent at the base of the windshield.

Is there an easy way to retrieve it, or should I just not bother? Not really interested in disassembling the dash or anything like that 😛

I have another card, so I don't "need" the one in the vent... Just bugs me.

I was messing with my dashcam, and the micro/mini (sim card sized) sd card ejected "with a lot of gusto", and fell into the vent at the base of the windshield.

Is there an easy way to retrieve it, or should I just not bother? Not really interested in disassembling the dash or anything like that 😛

I have another card, so I don't "need" the one in the vent... Just bugs me.
Maybe empty a ShopVac, then see if you can suck it out of the vent?

Is there an easy way to retrieve it, or should I just not bother?

Here is a good discussion of items falling into the vent.

Seems like not bothering is the right answer.

Slee billet terminals--they state they're designed around using a group 31 battery and their tray; will they still fit properly on the factory battery or will they be too long?

Edit: I called Slee and the billet terminals are too long to use without a group 31 so I guess they'll sit on the shelf for just a bit longer

Last edited:
Anyone have a front ahc shock laying around they could measure the lower bushing that bolts into the LCA? Looking for the outer diameter of the bushing and the diameter of the sleeve where the bolt runs through.

Anyone have a front ahc shock laying around they could measure the lower bushing that bolts into the LCA? Looking for the outer diameter of the bushing and the diameter of the sleeve where the bolt runs through.
This may not help, but these post has multiple pictures that both have rulers in the pictures. May not be accurate enough though.

Since I have front AHC shocks conveniently lying around...

1659153979697.png

1659154092418.png

SQOD Time! What p/n is this piece of weather stripping, or whatever it’s called?View attachment 3074027

I think it's called:

Seal To Hood - Toyota (53383-60070)​

OEM Toyota Seal To Hood For 2008-2021 Toyota Land Cruiser

But better double check...

So I rebuilt a Warn 8274 recently, no way to put this on a 200 series is there? None of the bull bars I've seen have them.

So I rebuilt a Warn 8274 recently, no way to put this on a 200 series is there? None of the bull bars I've seen have them.
I certainly wouldn't say there's no way, but you're not going to find a bolt-on solution. It'd take many mods/reinforcement of whichever bumper you choose, plus a fair amount of trimming to the OEM grille and bumper shell (way more than typical) to make an 8274 fit.

Post pics when you do it. ;)

Get yourself a 40 and stick it on there so it looks appropriate :idea:

My ventilated seats don't turn on. 2010 LX570. The switch works and lights up, heat functions work. But I can't hear the seat fans switch on when I set it to vent, and I don't feel any air movement.

Any suggestions on how to trouble-shoot this? I tried searching and didn't come up with anything useful. Don't have an FSM to get me started.

Please and thank you!

My ventilated seats don't turn on. 2010 LX570. The switch works and lights up, heat functions work. But I can't hear the seat fans switch on when I set it to vent, and I don't feel any air movement.

Any suggestions on how to trouble-shoot this? I tried searching and didn't come up with anything useful. Don't have an FSM to get me started.

Please and thank you!
Maybe get a mirror and flashlight to look up under a seat when the switch is on? Perhaps it's clogged up under there and the fan is running so slowly you can't hear it? I think I remember reading about a filter or some material under there? A good cleaning under the seat with a vacuum and soft brush?

Please and thank you!
Each seat has an ECU and they are exposed in Techstream. Although, if the light is coming on, I'd be surprised if there is a DTC. When i got my truck, someone had disconnected the cables to the seat backs, so i got no light on the switch. A search in Techstream showed multiple sensors failed. That's when i checked for connections and found them disconnected. After connecting, everything was fine.

I can only feel my seat vents if I'm wearing very thin clothing. I haven't tried the turning on the AC vents to the floor, I guess that could make a difference.

The fan does have a filter in front of it that is accessible when you flip the seat up. You would never hear the fans if the truck was running, or anything else was causing there not to be dead silence. They are not loud, but I can definitely hear them if there is no other noise and they are turned on.

I've heard of people blowing (with compressed air or higher speed blower) through the vent to try and dislodge anything that might be in the seat perforations, but I've never tried this.

Anyone have any recommendations to stop small electronics, etc from falling between the seat and center console? My truck has eaten no less than three ear buds over the past few months and I'd like to stop that. I've seen some gimmicky thing you can buy, but didn't know if anyone had any high speed homebrew recommendations.

Anyone have any recommendations to stop small electronics, etc from falling between the seat and center console? My truck has eaten no less than three ear buds over the past few months and I'd like to stop that. I've seen some gimmicky thing you can buy, but didn't know if anyone had any high speed homebrew recommendations.
Drop Stop - The Original Patented Car Seat Gap Filler (AS SEEN ON Shark Tank) - Set of 2 and Slide Free Pad and Light https://a.co/d/8WX05gy

I have these and they work great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom