SQOD Squad - Stupid Question Of the Day (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks - yours show the exact same plastic protrusions that I had seen on others. I now I need to locate the sound dampening material if I want to get mine back to 100%. I kid. LOL 😂

How difficult is wiring an aftermarket tag light setup to either the current tag lights, or any circuit thatd be on when the lights are on? Running the wilco tire carrier, and have the tag relocation bracket, which needs power....but im no electrician, and honestly don't even know where I'd cut in to begin with. TIA

How difficult is wiring an aftermarket tag light setup to either the current tag lights, or any circuit thatd be on when the lights are on? Running the wilco tire carrier, and have the tag relocation bracket, which needs power....but im no electrician, and honestly don't even know where I'd cut in to begin with. TIA
I ran mine off the factory trailer harness.

Thats what I was thinking, any insight or tips, what's hot or not?
If memory serves, in the trailer wiring, the white wire is ground and the green wire is the tail/marker light 12v+ power (only getting power when the marker lights are on).

Thats what I was thinking, any insight or tips, what's hot or not?
there's a 5 pin and a 2 pin connector for the trailer. You want to tap the green wire in the 5 pin connector for +, as that's the tail light. You can either tap the white wire for ground (-) or you can just ground to the frame or any other ground point so long as you have a solid connection to the metal (no paint in between).

1655989003669.png

SQOTD:

Do we still need the the Vin number of a heritage LC to order the bronze wheels?

SQOTD:

How in the hell do I take off the trim piece (heel kick plate) for the front seats of a 2018 LC200?

SQOTD:

Do we still need the the Vin number of a heritage LC to order the bronze wheels?
I just ordered one and the dealer here in Houston did ask for the Vin.

over the last few days when I lock it with the fob or the handle it does not blink or move the mirrors in, still locks, just not lights or mirrors.

any thoughts on what might be going on?

Hey, I want to strap a surfboard to the roof rack. Are there eyelets that will mount into the inner slot on the side rails to hook the strap to?

Is there any trick to using the turn assist feature off-road?

I tried it once in some loose dirt and it was erroring out. Didn't try to diagnose as I was just doing it for fun but is there a process to go through to engage it? 2013 LX.

Is there any trick to using the turn assist feature off-road?

I tried it once in some loose dirt and it was erroring out. Didn't try to diagnose as I was just doing it for fun but is there a process to go through to engage it? 2013 LX.
Got to be in 4-Lo and crawl control, I think.

4 lo, crawl control on, turn assist on. Works surprisingly well. I used it on trail today.

over the last few days when I lock it with the fob or the handle it does not blink or move the mirrors in, still locks, just not lights or mirrors.

any thoughts on what might be going on?
Not sure about the lights, but the rear view mirror rocker switch needs to be in the middle for the mirrors to auto fold.

Thanks for the help on the turn assist. I don't think I was in 4-lo. That was probably the issue.

Thanks for the help on the turn assist. I don't think I was in 4-lo. That was probably the issue.
I'm almost positive that turn assist can only be used while using crawl control, and crawl control can only be engaged in 4-Lo so I think both were the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom