SQOD Squad - Stupid Question Of the Day (35 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I know this was touched on, but did anyone ever find an answer to modernizing the LC's UI?

Depends on what you mean by modernizing.

Older units have available Bluetooth solutions, and numerous tgreads delve into mostly-futile hopes for tablet-based, Tesla style stuff on US models...

If you mean updating via the DVDs you can over-pay for at Toyota...don’t do it. Navigation will continue to suck. :) phones and tablets will always blow it away. TBD if the 300 manages a decent head unit at long last....

Depends on what you mean by modernizing.

Older units have available Bluetooth solutions, and numerous tgreads delve into mostly-futile hopes for tablet-based, Tesla style stuff on US models...
I've seen the plug and play options for these, and I think that's what I will end up with

If you mean updating via the DVDs you can over-pay for at Toyota...don’t do it. Navigation will continue to suck. :) phones and tablets will always blow it away. TBD if the 300 manages a decent head unit at long last....
It really needs one. I don't see how a 2019 luxury SUV can still manage to go without CarPlay or Android Auto

Can someone tell me how to adjust the tire carrier on an ARB rear bumper? Mine has a lot of slack in it. With the swing arm closed, I can wiggle the tire back and forth more than I'd like. I assume it can be adjusted out, but I don't see any obvious way to do it.

Thanks

I thought I saw a post of someone running 16” 100 wheels on a 200, is this possible?

Strange experience this morning. I started up the rig to warm up and thaw the ice off the windows. I left the key/remote in the drink holder and went back inside. A few minutes later I went back out to find all the doors on my truck were locked. Strange but no worries I figured, so I went inside an retrieved my second key/remote only to find it would not unlock the doors. Now I'm getting pissed, I need to get to work and on my way. I then tried the manual key and that would not open the driver's door. I'm F-ed and call AAA and they used a "slim Jim" to get me in. I shut the truck down and tried the locks, everything now seems fine...Anyone have this experience? I sure don't want to go through it again.

Mine acts funny if I put my keys in my Yeti coffee cup. Often wont start, doesn't beep like keys out of car when running. I might try getting out with it running and the windows down. I find it weird that you couldn't manual unlock..

Is there any way to add BT Audio via a hidden menu or SW update?

Is there any way to add BT Audio via a hidden menu or SW update?

Many options.
Here is a more complete solution thread:

I have the BT adapter running via flat aux cable with a 90 degree connector it's about 85% of what I would like. I looked at that thread a couple months back. However, I find it difficult to believe that the 08/09 HU doesn't have a soft switch somewhere. Maybe it's a SW or HW load. I guess when I get fully into 200 mode I could check the PN of the ML's for the various years.

While we're on the Bluetooth topic...

I always use my phone as my music source, via Bluetooth. I swear at one point the truck display would also show the current track and album name on the screen when a song was playing, but now both fields are blank. I know it's a tiny thing, but it bugs me. I generally am using the Pi Music Player with music stored on the phone, but I've also tried Amazon Music, Google Music, Slacker, YouTube, and even Netflix. Nothing shows on the display when I do this. Same thing happens in the '13 IS250. Is it my phone (Google Pixel XL)? Or are they all like this? Tried re-pairing, didn't help.

So I'll answer my own SQOD, in case anybody cares. It is my phone. I paired an old Samsung tablet and played some music in the Amazon app. Worked fine, artist/title/album shows on the in-dash display. Oh well. Not worth upgrading just to get that working.
IMG_20190320_214052.jpg

So I'll answer my own SQOD, in case anybody cares. It is my phone. I paired an old Samsung tablet and played some music in the Amazon app. Worked fine, artist/title/album shows on the in-dash display. Oh well. Not worth upgrading just to get that working.
View attachment 1932990
Maybe reset the phone, or "forget" the connection and reconnect? I used to have the Pixel XL and it worked fine.

How do I make this light on the right go away?!?
image.jpg

@Beams37 ^^^ they should both be "gone" away. Have you tried pushing the locker button, below/right of steering wheel?? Also push the PWR button to the back and right of the shifter, will take care of the 2nd start.

How do I make this light on the right go away?!?

Looks like what happens after my young kids get in the car and push every button.

What @blatant said. Make sure you get this off, as driving on high grip roads and the center diff on, will really stress the CV's and drivetrain when making turns. Not very good for it.

Last edited:
How the heck do I find and open my bookmarks? I’ve mastered creating bookmarks (select the flag, duh) but for the life of me I can’t find where to recall and open them. Probably right in front of my face...

Does my 200 qualify? :rofl:

23E7B9DE-29FC-4206-AC71-CFBD5E3B9DB0.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom