SQOD Squad - Stupid Question Of the Day (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's astonishing you don't already have one in the middle:

LC200RearPower_22JAN19_zpsfme1hags.jpg

HTH

Not totally astonishing.
‘08 LC
92499D3E-1E4C-4268-B000-6FE6751B51B5.jpeg

View attachment 1889332
Are you concerned about the low 12V plug mount point getting kicked/broken by 2nd row passengers or gear? Seems like they could have raised it above shoe-level.

I did this instead of wires in the foot space:
Ash tray is pointless for me anyway...

upload_2019-1-29_12-17-43.jpeg

Did you have to evacuate the cooling lines?

Just PMed, then saw this post.

Re-post for others who may want to know:

“In mine, it APPEARED that I had to...but after doing so (and making a mess) I did have Toyota fully evacuate and recharge.

The result of full evac and recharge was...WOW!
Massive improvement to AC power and cool box temps...so despite my hassle, the full evacuation followed by full charge is worth doing anyway.

So the cool box fan replacement did require evacuating the ac lines which was $100. The tech took pictures and it looked similar to @Markuson 's picture above. Ended up at $314 with tax. The service advisor admitted to underquoting the job. Glad to have a working cool box this summer.

So the cool box fan replacement did require evacuating the ac lines which was $100. The tech took pictures and it looked similar to @Markuson 's picture above. Ended up at $314 with tax. The service advisor admitted to underquoting the job. Glad to have a working cool box this summer.

They did the entire swap out for $314????

Man, undercharge for sure! :)

Did he happen to tell you what he COULD have charged based on hourly? (Or what he’ll charge the next guy based on now knowing?)

My guy was saying 1-1.2k(!!) simply due to his hours-based guesstimate.

Man you were halfway there in cost to an ARB fridge ;) I have a cool box in the LC and not in the LX and the storage capacity in the LX is soooo nice. I’ve used the cool box a couple times here and there, but I’d rather skip it and just have the ARB in the back personally.

Man you were halfway there in cost to an ARB fridge ;) I have a cool box in the LC and not in the LX and the storage capacity in the LX is soooo nice. I’ve used the cool box a couple times here and there, but I’d rather skip it and just have the ARB in the back personally.
Flip the lid and grab a icy cold Redbull.
LOVE IT

It’s funny how we’re all different...Bc even tho my fridge is stocked 24/7, the cool box lets grab stuff while driving alone.

Cbox also lets me hand chocolate milk to police or Border Patrol without getting out (getting out makes LEOs nervous where a drink sticking out the window as I approach brings instant smiles). It’s funny how even the most scary looking dudes on Harleys light up like a little kid when handed a chocolate milk on a scorcher. :)

Cbox also faster at cooling room-temp drinks, apples, etc with its direct blower vs static air in a fridge.

But we all likes what we likes...
To each their own. :cheers:

I’m not sure this qualifies as a SQOD, I have a line on 4 18” Tundra wheels with a 5x1.50 bolt pattern and was thinking of buying them for an extra set of wheels to put off-road or AT tires on. I would keep the original rims for my Michelin’s as I like the feel on the highway.

Is this wise?

^Sure, if you're willing to store and swap 80lb wheelsets.

Personally, AT tires let me set and forget, and always have the right tires on for whatever I'm doing. AT's inherently are a compromise that does everything well, master of none. If I lived deep in snow country, that's about the only situation that may warrant 2 wheelsets for me. And even then, only maybe as I choose AT tires that do reasonably well in cold too.

They did the entire swap out for $314????

Man, undercharge for sure! :)

Did he happen to tell you what he COULD have charged based on hourly? (Or what he’ll charge the next guy based on now knowing?)

My guy was saying 1-1.2k(!!) simply due to his hours-based guesstimate.

He told me he owed his tech a little over an hour. I dropped it off at Noon and left at 5. He did't say what he'd charge next time, but did say it was the first one they did. He even threw in a free oil change because it took longer than quoted. I have a great dealer. I assume peopledon't want to pay a lot to fix it when the fan dies, so they leave it.

I like the cool box because it is easy access on road trips. I also do a lot of day trips and it comes in handy. I mountain bike, ww kayak and hike and it is great to keep cold drinks in for after a session. I have a small lunch type ice pack I throw in on top to keep drinks cold when I am out parked on hot days. People I kayak with freak out when on a super hot day I tell them I have beer in my center console (if you flip and swim instead of rolling back up you have drink a beer poured in your kayak bootie/ shoe) They are expecting warm skunk brew instead of ice cold beer. I love the cool box.

My dogs take up the back on most of my adventures so an ARB isn't a great option for me. I do have a medium Orca cooler that works amazingly well for camping. Took it on a rare 5 day summer excursion and it was still cold at the end of the trip. I generally don't take trips longer than that, and it is usually easy to find ice if I do.

Back in the day when I took 60+ day excursions, an ARB would have been phenomenal. I just don't have time to do that stuff anymore.

Anyone know what this part is and where it goes? It appeared in my front seat area, with no apparent place it goes. TIA.

20190205_152803.jpg

Were u at a service shop before it appeared?

Anyone know what this part is and where it goes? It appeared in my front seat area, with no apparent place it goes. TIA.

View attachment 1898020
I have the EXACT same piece found under passenger front seat. So funny that you posted this. I have looked in every conceivable spot and cannot figure out what it’s for...hope someone knows as it’s one of those things that bugs me every time I open the console.

View attachment 1898020
Kind of looks like the hinge piece for second row seat secure strap holder. Located under the second row seat. It's a flimsy piece meant to store the strap when not in use. I can never figure out how to properly store the strap anyway and the hinge piece gets in the way.

For those of you that are HAM licensed. What license do you have and how did you study ie class, internet etc.

Where did you take the test and how hard is it?

For those of you that are HAM licensed. What license do you have and how did you study ie class, internet etc.

Where did you take the test and how hard is it?

I have the technician license and took the test during some conference at a local event center (it was a walk-in deal). I studied for it using mobile apps. It wasn't hard per se but does contain a lot of information that one is unlikely to know off-hand. The electrical aspects scare some people but it's really pretty tame... though I am an electrical engineer, lol. My wife is in the process of studying for it so she can take on radio duties during events while I'm trying to keep the truck on the road :)

I'm also planning to take the "General" test to get access to HF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom