SQOD Squad - Stupid Question Of the Day (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I used the on-line sample exams which I found surprisingly easy, so I went and took the exam, which I got 100%. While I was there, they talked me into taking the General exam since it was no cost, but I think I missed it by 2 questions. This was 3/14/07.

I had the same problem up in Alaska. They’ll return to normal once the temp goes back up.

Mine are taking longer to show values. Prior to winter it would show in 2 minutes of driving. Now I have to go 10 minutes before it shows all of them to me.

I am going to need new brake pads for all four wheels on my 2014. Would like to use someone on this site.

I have also used Camelback with good luck. Thoughts?

I am going to need new brake pads for all four wheels on my 2014. Would like to use someone on this site.

I have also used Camelback with good luck. Thoughts?

I bought mine on Camelback. Use code TWPARTZ for a small discount. Brian Jowett/Jowett Performance also sells brake parts, including upgraded brakes.

Edit: Found answer...posted link below post...
——
Saw this very interesting solution for securely mounting items just about anywhere on dash with tube mounts from Ram and others. Was in a Black Bear video posted a bit ago...

Anyone know who makes something like this?
Doesn’t look like it would interfere with anything like airbags or vents...

Anyone?

Edit:
I just found it...

Strange experience this morning. I started up the rig to warm up and thaw the ice off the windows. I left the key/remote in the drink holder and went back inside. A few minutes later I went back out to find all the doors on my truck were locked. Strange but no worries I figured, so I went inside an retrieved my second key/remote only to find it would not unlock the doors. Now I'm getting pissed, I need to get to work and on my way. I then tried the manual key and that would not open the driver's door. I'm F-ed and call AAA and they used a "slim Jim" to get me in. I shut the truck down and tried the locks, everything now seems fine...Anyone have this experience? I sure don't want to go through it again.

Strange experience this morning. I started up the rig to warm up and thaw the ice off the windows. I left the key/remote in the drink holder and went back inside. A few minutes later I went back out to find all the doors on my truck were locked. Strange but no worries I figured, so I went inside an retrieved my second key/remote only to find it would not unlock the doors. Now I'm getting pissed, I need to get to work and on my way. I then tried the manual key and that would not open the driver's door. I'm F-ed and call AAA and they used a "slim Jim" to get me in. I shut the truck down and tried the locks, everything now seems fine...Anyone have this experience? I sure don't want to go through it again.

Sounds like it auto-locked assuming you were inside and running the truck long enough. Weird it would do that if it was in park.

Any chance you were in D with the parking break on instead of Park?

You can use custom settings to tell it NOT to auto lock after being on and inside and out of park...also whether to unlock other doors when you open your driver door.

Also...Quite a few other tweaks related to auto locking.

For my 2008, here are the relevant pages. Yours may be different:

Truck was in park the whole time. I plan to check my settings tomorrow. I have it set to lock all doors when I put it in drive but maybe somehow it got changed? Still odd that my extra key remote would not open up the doors.

Truck was in park the whole time. I plan to check my settings tomorrow. I have it set to lock all doors when I put it in drive but maybe somehow it got changed? Still odd that my extra key remote would not open up the doors.

Ya, there are custom settings possible that I can’t imagine anyone wanting...but kinda nice they are there.

Will be curious to learn what you find.

For those of you that are HAM licensed. What license do you have and how did you study ie class, internet etc.

Where did you take the test and how hard is it?

ARRL.org has practice tests on their website. The questions are verbatim. I took the tests over and over until I was averaging mid-nineties percentages. When I tested, there were only two questions I hadn’t seen before.

What strikes me as odd was hard key not being able to unlock doors?
Maybe a couple things here like low battery in fob + the park detection circuit was open. I bet the car thought it was driving. That would probably lockout the exterior key.

Just for grins I'm going to start mine, get out and lock doors then see if the hard key works? Not wanting to have to call AAA I'll have someone in the car to unlock if necessary.

Just for grins I'm going to start mine, get out and lock doors then see if the hard key works? Not wanting to have to call AAA I'll have someone in the car to unlock if necessary.

Roll the windows down first... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom