SQOD Squad - Stupid Question Of the Day (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for the response guys, I really can't believe these guys are that dumb. I started with the parts guy and ended with a service writer.

So, where does your condensation from the A/C drip? Haven't driven the 200 very much and just got it back from the shop. Tastes like water, but just want to confirm thats what is dripping from the underside is. Mine is about in between the driver and passenger seat.

@canyonrider Toyota is going to a new monthly subscription for remote start... I was confused when the sales rep was telling me about that. But it should be starting in the coming models where instead of just having the regular 1 time fee to have the module installed and then use the remote to start your rig, you will pay a monthly fee to be able to start the car from your phone/key.

So, where does your condensation from the A/C drip? Haven't driven the 200 very much and just got it back from the shop. Tastes like water, but just want to confirm thats what is dripping from the underside is. Mine is about in between the driver and passenger seat.

Possibly Cool box condensation.
It has its own refrigerant lines running through the center console.

Has anyone tried to re-aim their windshield washer jets? Mine don't diffuse enough and hit the windshield too low. I have tried to gently move them with a pin, but they didn't move and I don't want to apply too much force. They actually look as though they aren't designed to move.

Thoughts? Thanks!
Any chance you found any answers to the adjusting of the windshield washer?

Drive faster?

My 2011 are not adjustable. There are 3 different nozzle/jets assembly available, low, med, high. Some one here with better cut & paste skills can grab a page out of the FMS.

Hi guys, a little help with follow up question in fording depth? I better understand breathers now. I’m guessing the top of the rear diff is about the same level as the top of the rims. Which is below the generally accepted 700mm / 27” guideline.

On what is the 700mm based? That stock, all breathers are at least 700mm above ground? Or that the breathers don’t suck in water and there is some other factor (like water in air intake or electricals)?

Hoping that all breathers are above 700mm and there is some other factor behind the height.

Hi guys, a little help with follow up question in fording depth? I better understand breathers now. I’m guessing the top of the rear diff is about the same level as the top of the rims. Which is below the generally accepted 700mm / 27” guideline.

On what is the 700mm based? That stock, all breathers are at least 700mm above ground? Or that the breathers don’t suck in water and there is some other factor (like water in air intake or electricals)?

Hoping that all breathers are above 700mm and there is some other factor behind the height.
If you follow the breather hose on the rear diff, it goes up to a connection on the frame, well above the diff. The front breather is up in the engine bay. I am not sure where the 700 came from but I don't have any concerns with that depth. Additionally, grab a breather relocation kit from ARB. Cheap and easy.

If you follow the breather hose on the rear diff, it goes up to a connection on the frame, well above the diff. The front breather is up in the engine bay. I am not sure where the 700 came from but I don't have any concerns with that depth. Additionally, grab a breather relocation kit from ARB. Cheap and easy.

Great. Thanks - that's good to know. So sounds like the 700mm guidance assumes that the stock breathers are above 700mm and not at diff height. Which makes sense if the 700mm is guidance for a stock vehicle - I'd assume that Toyota would never guide for 700mm if the stock breathers where lower than that - that wouldn't make sense.

@canyonrider Toyota is going to a new monthly subscription for remote start... I was confused when the sales rep was telling me about that. But it should be starting in the coming models where instead of just having the regular 1 time fee to have the module installed and then use the remote to start your rig, you will pay a monthly fee to be able to start the car from your phone/key.
will it kill the dam engine when you enter the vehicle is the question ...

@Dan Lee Also remember that breathers have a cap with some sort of filter, or valve at the end of them. They're not wide open to the elements. Also they're something like 1/4" diameter tube, so they don't pass a lot of water volume.

I'm telling you this, because I don't want you to visualize a breather as being a big open hole where water can get in to your diffs the moment you exceed their depth in water.

Generally on off road vehicles, the bottleneck for water fording is the location of the engine air intake. In a 200 series I would be more concerned about water leaking in through the door seals onto my carpet before I would worry about a mechanical issue.

Good info. Thanks for the practical insights. It did sound like these breathers are somewhat like check valves but wasn't sure how water tight they are designed to be.

First gear on my 2008 LX is a little rough shifting to 2nd gear. 2nd gear seems plenty powerful.

Would I be putting too much stress on the drive train / transmission if I just use the 2nd gear switch and always start from 2nd gear? Is the first gear really just there for torque during heavy towing? Is 2nd gear sufficient for normal city driving?

I had to do a double take when I came across this post. I have remote start in my 09 LX, and I can't remember the last time I used this feature.

Is this post for real, or is it a joke? Who in their right mind would pay a monthly fee just to be able to start a vehicle from their phone?

My PRND lights by the gear selector don't light up at night. Everything else works. Is this an LED or bulb assembly that is out or a setting? Any quick places to look first before pulling the center cluster apart and checking voltages?

For the folks talking about the subscription service, yes, Toyota Remote Connect has a monthly fee associated with it. It’s only on 18+ models with Entune 3.0.

I had to do a double take when I came across this post. I have remote start in my 09 LX, and I can't remember the last time I used this feature.

Is this post for real, or is it a joke? Who in their right mind would pay a monthly fee just to be able to start a vehicle from their phone?

You're fine. It's the new cars

You're fine. It's the new cars

First time I actually heard about Entune 3.0, meh. I can't say I would be fond of paying for "remote connect" to remotely unlock/lock doors or for "dynamic navigation" which seems like a nav update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom