SOLD Southern Oregon: Early FJ40/45 Two ear hood hinges (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cppilot

1965 FJ45 LPB original second owner
SILVER Star
Threads
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
  2. 45 Series
IMG_9864.jpeg
IMG_9865.jpeg
IMG_9867.jpeg
These are early two ear FJ40/45 hood hinges. New Stainless removable hinge pins from @SMG are included. $150 includes free shipping.

Hey Mark - I hadn’t heard or seen that @SMG was making the pins for the early two eared hinges.

HI Paul, Someone here I think Nolan maybe used SMG‘s later hood hinges and used four of the bronze bushings instead of two. It works perfectly. You just need to order four extra bushings.

Last edited:
That is a great piece of info to know! Thank you. :)
GLWS!

This is the last I saw, didn’t seem like the pins fit without boring or redrilling? Is that what you did Mark? Nolen @wngrog any input.
Sorry, only the 3 ear at this time. The earlier 2 ear require machining to the hinge ear bore.

Thanks

Friendly bump. Someone with an early white/beige/lite green rig should pick these up.

Paul, yes you have to use a 3/8” drill to make the holes bigger to fit the pins. Hope that helps.

The pins alone are $65 with another $12 in four extra bushings. SMG has a great product for us all. I have the door pins and the windshield pins for my new late model frame I’m getting ready to put on as soon as I can get some paint laid down. Looking forward to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom