SAS Solid Axle Summit 2018 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Black bear is not closed due to fire
Engineer is not closed
Cinnamon is not closed
Portions of the trails are in the closure area :meh:

It turns out that MY19 Tundra and Tacoma SOP is in August so I am out. Anyone that wants to take my spot, feel free to do so.

Sorry you can't make it Matt. Maybe SAS #3? Also sent you an E-Mail.
Thanks, Casey..

Still open as of this morning it is listed on there site or you can call forest service, engineer and cinnamon are in the white part of your map, there are a ton of trails open right now, both those are fully open

FC63B061-A6D9-41D3-B938-3DE96D9BBD50.png
81A0365B-5DF0-4A4C-9790-8AB0DB8BF064.png
Here ya go for the no believers

[/ATTACH]
As a side note - I've been chatting with the folks from Soul Craft Brewing off and on about an FJ60 meetup at their brewery. If anyone wants to get together for a pre-SAS stop in to Salida let me know, maybe we can make a little bit of a show out of it. I'm a big fan of their Work Release Bock, both for the quality of the beer and for the label...

View attachment 1721510

A buddy of mine sent me one of their brews. Couldn't help taking this photo and sending it to them. Would definitely like to visit the brewery at some point.

View attachment 1722252

CF6A4965-CDCF-417E-8E13-0CA65BC96A12.jpeg

Hell man, I'm going on vacation even if it means I'm hanging out in @POTATO LAUNCHER 's back yard!

Seriously, we will make a go of it. So looking forward to chilling out for a few days!

When I told my wife that I wanted drive from Seattle to Colorado to spend a week with a dude that goes by the alias @POTATO LAUNCHER she nearly lost her sh!t. After a few weeks of explaining it to her to convince her now I have to go, even if conditions are not so good.

San Juan Forest opened today. Rain last weekend let them get a handle on it.

If you don't like the weather in Colorado, just wait.

Excellent news Dick, we still have a month and a week or so to go so hopefully the rain will continue and allow campfires for the Cruiser folks that want to do a wilderness overnight in the stars. Clean mountain air makes the stars standout. Great place to be when it's 100 deg back at home.

Ill be coming in hot from AK and northern Canada! Scheduled my trip just in time to return for SAS!
40EB9252-9510-488D-A1F2-2B68ECCA401E.jpeg

Since I have been struggling to keep the briefcase from the cross-country expedition moving I wanted to put in a plug here for a possible handoff to anyone interested in helping move this baby forward. If I can hand-off before this I plan to do so (if anyone is wishing 6-8hr of 4 corners area and wants to meet up), but I'd love to see it at least moving again (west ideally since it started out east)! Please send me a DM if you'd be interested in taking it either at the summit or beforehand!

@POTATO LAUNCHER
Do we have a final count for the first year badges? I'm a bit behind on this project, but I'm hoping to get them to the ano shop this week.

For now, here's a teaser of what they might look like. (this was just a spray painted test piece)
IMG_20180603_234508.jpg

IMG_20180603_234519.jpg

Ready for plating and engraving.

IMG_20180603_205233.jpg

As a side note, work has been crazy this year and I haven't had very much time to work on my cruiser so I'm pretty far behind on maintenance.. right now I'm not 100% if I'll have the truck ready to go in time...
Plan b is to drive my 4runner... which would be lame...

Looking good man. Anxious to see the finished piece.
Sending a PM with totals on first year badges.

If anyone can't make it I'd like to step up, looks like i'll be able to go unless Uncle Sam drops last minute(deployment) plans on me.

Im really itching to go, just have to have the stars align and wait for everything to come together.
Roma, don’t let work get in the way of this trip. Make it happen :).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom