Builds SLOW 71 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Passivation is a chemical bath used on stainless steel. Basically a wash seeing the chemical isn't as strong as what you would use on aluminum 🤔😳😉🤣. Did I win 😳. Iron phosphate is the process used for cleaning steel prior to powder coating, it removes all the dirt and oil from the steel. Etch is used to clean aluminum prior to welding it! There are numerous finish coats that can be used on aluminum, my favorite is a hard Anodize 🤔😉. Comes in a lot of colors 🤔😳😉. DID I WIN, DID I WIN, DID I WIN 🏆😀😉👍

Will it last another 5 years and I thought the welds being stainless steel wouldn't rust. You can tell what I know.

Had you answered “passivated stainless steel resists rust” and Ron should passivate his tank before filling it with water to prevent the welded areas from rusting then yes you would have won the prize!
I lost! Passivation removes the iron on the surface of the stainless steel and brings out the Nickel content with will minimize rust. The passivation is a citric or nitric acid it removes the iron content mostly on the surface. If you're going to polish the stainless steel, I would start with the wire brush, move to the compound wheel, and finish with the cotton wheel and jewelers Rouge. With would result in a outstanding Shine higher than Chrome plating. And a little bit of this 😉🤔😳😘🤣
20210616_151508.jpg

It cleans in places you never thought you had!! All the Cr%@*s and Cr×-!@es. Almost like a Boudeut 🤪🤪😳😳🤔🤔😉🤣🤣
Thats why I have a garden hose attachment instead of a shower nozzle. Its got different settings for those stubborn areas.

I'm sitting around here with nothing to do, so I might as well rewire my dash lights. One of the blinker lights gave it up and I knew why (cheap little lights), I've had several quit already. Years ago I had bought some bigger marine lights and much better quality, so I found those and jumped in. Wiring is not my strong side, but I'm learning.

IMG_4238.JPG

IMG_4239.JPG

Back together and working great. We now have blinker lights, etc. Time to stop tinkering and start packing.

my dad was a union man his whole life- if he saw me drinking Coors, he would just shake his head and say scab beer

bunch o’ bikers and my crew and I drank the reach-in dry in the bar in Fish Lake Valley one weekend (decades ago)…

except for one six pack of Coors. Nobody would drink that swill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom