Builds SLOW 71 (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How does she sit with a full tank of fuel and 100lbs in back? Me personally, knowing that you plan on doing a lot of touring with this, it drives me nuts to drive something long distance that has the front tipped up. (reverse stink beetle? lol) I would see how she sits filled up with a small load in the back then make a decision.

That's the plan, after it gets the exhaust fixed, I'll load it up and fill the tank. The two leaves I added to each rear pack are the heavy duty leaves and I'm thinking it won't squat much.

I still have the M37 trailer ( i forget the official model #), waiting its turn.

The one in the picture is a 1953 M101. I've also have the M101A2 and A3 models. If you're looking for a trailer for the Deuce, I have some M105s for them. I went through a phase. :)

Better aerodynamics? Maybe only one leaf in the back and it'll be perfect.

I personally like it leveled. This way you will always be going down hill and get better gas mileage.

Maybe only one leaf in the back and it'll be perfect

I'll try adding in front first, then try removing one in back. Having a leave made isn't all that costly, so I can play around. I started out adding three leaves to the back, but took one out. I could have them re-arch that one for the front.

with the bottom up it gives a better departure angle...

Tatat,

That's what started this whole fiasco. it was drooping with it loaded and we were dragging a little on the rocks.

That's what started this whole fiasco

So are you building the Slow 71 rock crawler now??

Slow-rock.jpg

Got the wagon back from the hot rod shop. I'm putting it in the win column. The computer guy reset everything with the vss and we corrected the exhaust. I believe most of my problems were computer. Now that the vss is working, no exhaust blurping (backfire) and it doesn't die at idle with the a/c on. I should be getting better MPGs now also, not dumping fuel.

I'm going to pull the front springs and add a leave, see where it sits and go from there.

Ya'll better get wrenching for the pig party, cause I'm going to be ready! :)

Finally got a rare factory option installed. Never offered to the North American market. After four days of camping at the pig party, you guys will be looking at this one. :)

IMG_3112.JPG

IMG_3113.JPG

I was just joking, it's an on board hot water shower. Pump, heat exchanger, filter, etc. all mounted under the hood. At the end of a long day on the trails, just pump some cold water through it and you have a hot shower. Helps with the Wifey points, too. I need all I can get.

Here's a picture as it sits today. it's getting pretty jammed up in there. We haven't tried it out yet, that's coming in April.

IMG_3116.JPG

This a switch plate I just had made that jumps one battery or the other. If one goes dead, flip the switch and jump start it. It's a feature on the Power Gate duel battery charger. Fun stuff!

IMG_3117.JPG

IMG_3118.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom