she's off to the paint shop (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
after many years of hashing out the mechanicals with a 4bt power plant, I finally loaded up the 40 and sent her to the paint shop.

IMG_20170323_100054.jpg

IMG_20170323_100054.jpg

color? type? cost? timeframe? don't just leave us hanging

looks like a solid truck. why go for the early hardtop sides?

well.....seeing that I went the Cummins route, originality is out the window. So I believe we are going to paint it a "desert khaki" Subaru color / white top. The body and paint work is being done at a shop that painted my porsche 911 in Estes Park, CO. The biggest challenge will be to get these guys to tone down their normally flawless quality standards. They normally work on custom vintage cars with limitless budgets.

Ant, do I have early hardtop side? Now I am not completely certain.

That`s cool Mines at at the paint and body shop now also. Now the hard part is waiting for it to be done !!

Just painted mine Subaru
002.JPG
Desert Khaki color code H6Q last summer. I really like it. Sometimes it looks tan and sometimes look greenish.

Dang Skid, you have one sharp looking rig. That color is righteous!

Nadar, due to a combination of too many car projects, too much working my job, and my severe ADHD, has pushed this project over a decade. Now that it will be cosmetically appealing, I will try to keep the interest level up.

The first Crosstrek I saw here locally was the Desert Kaki and it really caught my eye. IMHO, great color choice. Same goes to skidplate's above. Very sharp!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom