September POTM - FJ55TLC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am trying to get all these little projects that I have started finished. Today I finished installing the auxiliary jack for the old Pioneer tape deck. I installed it in the front of the Tuffy console. It plugs into the antenna cable so there is no crackle like the FM modulator kind.
One project done, 500,000 more to go. By June.

I finished another little project. I put a string of LED lights underneath the tonneau cover in the back. I installed a factory Toyota door switch so when the tailgate opens and the master switch is on then the lights come on. The master switch illuminated when any door is opened so I can find it in the dark.
WP_20170131_19_12_34_Pro.jpg

It is kinda bright. I may have over done it. Again.

Still making very little progress at this point. I did upgrade to Toyota Sightline wipers, the best I have used on any vehicle, repainted my wiper arms, and added a badge.
WP_20170321_17_27_50_Pro.jpg

WP_20170321_17_27_33_Pro.jpg

Paint will be happening soon. I hope.

Any more info on those wipers? Stock Toyota item, any mods to make them work? Always want to learn something new that will help.

Any Toyota dealer will have them. You need to get a conversion kit that makes the end of the wiper arm a hook. They need to be metal because the plastic ones are to thick to fit into the wiper. I drilled and tapped mine to fit.

Can you please take a close up pic if the wiper to arm connection? Sounds like a great upgrade. Thanks

Sorry for the delay. The existing wiper arm will need to be drilled and tapped to fit whichever j-hook adapter you purchase. They seem to all be a bit different. I can tell you not to get the plastic ones, they are too thick to fit into Toyota wipers.

I have been happy with it. I painted the top on the 85 4runner that my oldest daughter and I built (the build thread is in the truck section - search Nala and you will find it). It has held up great and still looks great. I know that I have to get it looking good for the Pig Party, it has to hang with some very nice cruisers.

I have been happy with it. I painted the top on the 85 4runner that my oldest daughter and I built (the build thread is in the truck section - search Nala and you will find it). It has held up great and still looks great. I know that I have to get it looking good for the Pig Party, it has to hang with some very nice cruisers.
You've seen mine?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom