September POTM - FJ55TLC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am trying to get projects done on the old truck of mine. Not getting very far however. I did get the drip rails stripped and seam sealed to get it ready for the white montsaliner. I also installed two new front speakers.
WP_20170514_16_34_06_Pro.jpg
WP_20170514_16_35_01_Pro.jpg

I figured since I finished the yellow paint that I would install the emblems. They have been off for decades.
WP_20170515_18_34_27_Pro.jpg

Added a special one. I found this from an early eighties Toyota Cressida.
WP_20170515_18_34_10_Pro.jpg

Yes, I still need to paint the white and redo the black. Hopefully I can get it done soon.

looks great , we have monstalined 3 80 series and 2 4runners . it holds up well against trees and rocks ,, now i may be too ashamed to drive mine , may not fit in with all the cool kids .Local cops call it a rolling meth lab

I got the white and black painted this weekend since the rain finally stopped.
WP_20170530_17_46_59_Pro.jpg

I rummaged through my stash of parts and found another rear reflector that is in amazing shape. Here it is with the old one:
WP_20170530_18_19_18_Pro.jpg

Still have LOTS to do and probably will have to be content with the fact that they will not all be done, but I will do my best! Looking forward to the Pig Fest!

Thanks, I still need to do a little touching up. It's not perfect, but it is just an old trial truck after all.
I checked a few more things off of the list. Put on a new door lock knob, they are $1.74 from your local Toyota dealership. There are now 57 left in the U.S.A., so hurry. I repaired a broken off bolt. Most importantly, I rebalanced the tires. S-M-O-O-T-H! Well, for Boggers anyways. I am ready for some high speed highway driving on the way to the Pig Fest.

I met Tim from Gamiviti today. I drove up to Denver and picked up the roof rack I ordered from him. Very nice rack and a very nice guy. I drove home and installed the ARB awning that has been sitting in my garage. There is a led light bar that was suppose to come with the rack, but unfortunately is on back order. Hopefully I will see it before I leave for the Pig Fest. It was nice to put over 200 miles on the truck today. Ran perfectly, got a lot of waves, and even more smiles. Like a one car circus parade.
WP_20170610_20_25_33_Pro.jpg

WP_20170610_20_16_01_Pro.jpg

Just returned from the Pig Party 2017. Put just over 800 miles on the cruiser with out issue. The party was a great time with great people and great trails. We have been asked not to post pictures of the party just yet, but I can show these ones from before I arrived and 2 after I left.
IMG_0107.JPG

IMG_0108.JPG
IMG_0109.JPG

Yeah, you were a good sport breaking trail in the snow, made it easy for me. Good meeting you.

So, since I now have a roof rack I have decided to venture into the world of solar power. I have installed a 15 watt solar panel and controller for the main battery. If I like it I will add one for the second battery. If I like that then I can upgrade to a more powerful unit.
solar panel3.jpg

solar panel1.jpg

solar panel2.jpg

Just need to get the wiring secured. As you can see in the picture that it is raining (and still very dusty inside my truck because I have not cleaned it out since the Pig Party). But it is still getting enough solar to charge, which is neat.
Also I purchased a new on board air compressor that I will be installing soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom