Sensors and Indicators for 80 series turbo-diesel engine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys,
I have an 80 series Diesel 1997, engine 1HD-T and I am travelling right now in South America. I would like to know what important sensors would you suggest to install in order to monitor the engine and keep its health for a long period. I am aware about EGT sensor and the oil reservoir for the turbo to help cooling it after turning off the engine.
Are there any other mus sensors that would be advisable to install?

I would also appreciate if you could recommend EGT sensor and monitoring system and the oil cooling system for the turbo.

Thanks,
Israel

Sorry but I have a mistake with the engine type.it is an 1HD-FT (NOT 1HD-T)
kimmron

T and FT are pretty similar .. ( 12V vs 24V ) and other than Pyrometer ( EGT ) , oil pressure, and boost .. can't think much more of that you really need .. I measure oil temp .. too .. but that's me ..

BTW your turbo uses the same oil your engine use so share the same reservoir .. ( engine oil pan )

Tapage,
Thanks. Oil pressure comes from factory so i am left with EGTand boost.
Can u please explain shortly what is boost.
And also one more question. How to asses if I am on more or less than 50% throttle. I am going to install a Torque Converter lock up contro and i am supposed to use only when under 50% throttle. How can i asses this. Is there any indicator on the market or it just the driver feel heavy or light foot on thecaccelerator?
Thanks again,
Kimmron

Boost given in PSI it's the pressure you have usually measured at the manifold over the ATM pressure .. so your turbocharger compress intake air over ATM pressure to push more oxygen in your engine ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom