Semi-Expo '96 LC II Diesel Build - Honduras (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ordered me some pizza cutters similar to these...
IMG_7682.JPG

I've got to redo the exhaust as it's bad. Where should I run it? Our the back, the side in front of the rear tires??

I had mine exit on the right side just in front of the rear tire. It is much easier to make a larger exhaust system there than try to go up and over the rear axle.

I had mine exit on the right side just in front of the rear tire. It is much easier to make a larger exhaust system there than try to go up and over the rear axle.
Did you put in a muffler? There doesn't seem to be enough room for one there.

I didn't, I had a 3 inch straight pipe put in. Some might find it too loud, but I liked it.:) I remember seeing a photo somewhere on the forum where someone put a new exhaust under their Prado and had a small canister muffler put in along the inside of the rocker panel.

Here is the one I was thinking of: My LJ78 build thread... The muffler isn't exactly on the inside of the rocker, but it still runs in basically the same place as mine did.

^^^ Thank you, great food for thought!!

Is there a Toyota that I can take the disks brakes off of and bolt directly up to our rear axle on our 1996 78 Series Landcruiser??

I believe all the Japanese domestic market models of the light duty 70 series came with rear disk brakes (LJ71, LJ78, KZJ71, KZJ78). *Just* a matter of finding one to take the parts off and swap I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom