RTH stuck on Miller Jeep trail (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hey y'all. I hit a bad corner on Miller Jeep and I'm on my side and having a rough time pulling it over. Anybody in or near Frazier park feel like lending a hand? My buddies jeep is now 2 wheel drive due to trying to pull me over. Part of the problem is that there's no real wench point and we're on a narrow steep section. Any suggestions? Also when I get it back on it's wheels whats the best way to make sure I'm good to fire up the engine? We have cell service I can get phone calls.
Thanks in advance,
Paul
805-701-7786 text or call

Once it's back on all fours I'd check all the fluids. Battery, coolant, oil... pull the plugs and give it a crank to push any oil/fuel out of the cylinders, listen for any odd sounds.

And clean up the area of any spilt oil. We don't need any more trails closed.

Good luck!

Thanks Chap. Will do

Can you wrap the cable thru window and roof back to keep with snatch block

Ya I have it wrapped though the windows roof but just killed the battery. Have to pull it and charge it in the other rig. Note to self...don't pul ALL of you tools in the drawers and flop your rig and not be able to access your tools.

X2 on removing plugs. Especially if you are on the driver's side, it will fill up the intake very quickly. Be prepared to have oil shoot everywhere when you turn it over though. In the interests of not making a mess, maybe throw a towel over the valve cover to slow the oil down and another under the truck to catch it. Good luck!

I'll post on SoCal Off-Road Recovery on FB and see if anyone is nearby to get you out.

PS. Just saw your post on there too.

Can't help because I'm in the Utah, but I'd like to see some pics of what I'm missing. :)

Good luck with the recovery and I hope the aftermath isn't bad.

A picture of your predicament might help figure out what can be done if you're still stuck.

Damn, I'd get stupid with you if you were local!

It's a 'schoolnight' ;) & I've not even had a beer!

Here's shooting good vibes your way, mebbe the local guys will get you handled & glad you're not looking for a heli-vac of a buddy!

the bakersfield trailblazers run that trail a lot and open/maintain it...check out their facebook page and maybe message them.

good luck!
just be sure that when it's coming upright it won't be able to freewheel it down the hill like in all those videos... put some rocks behind the tires and all...

It's been 12 hours... had anyone had contact with the OP? I just shot him a text to see if he's ok. I'll post up when I hear back.

all is well. I'll post up more when cell service is better. The rig is beat up pretty bad but drives like it should. We're gonna wheel out this morning.

Hope you didn't flop the 101K rig in sig, that would be a shame.

Here's to you all being injury free & hopefully just 'character marks' & no structural oops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom