Builds Rosie the 40 - Tilda Bogue Service Station (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Shame to waste a functioning PTO where it won’t be used, but it sure does look proper.

Just bring that Milwaukee impact wrench along, and voila! Working winch.

It’s not being wasted. It’s beautiful.

Of note … I think I have this right.

Brendan’s uncle rebuilt the PTO and has since passed

There is/was some sentimental value there beyond the awesomeness

This is the first gas tank I’ve ever removed that did not have currency or a rifle casing under it. A little bit of grass seed is all I had to clean up. Still no rust.
View attachment 3310708

This beautiful rust free transmission hump is marked safe from my body saw I’ll clean it up and line it with heat shield before it goes back in place View attachment 3310705
This stupid hazard switch does not work. The yankee said there was an inline fuse somewhere under the dash that must be the culprit. View attachment 3310706

I yanked everything out and laid under there for 10 minutes and can’t find it. Anyone know?

View attachment 3310707
I pulled my non-functioning switches, cleaned them, put a little dielectric grease on them and everyone came back to life.

Of note … I think I have this right.

Brendan’s uncle rebuilt the PTO and has since passed

There is/was some sentimental value there beyond the awesomeness
Absolutely right!! Good ‘Ol Uncle Joe gave me the Land Cruiser bug when I was about 4-5 years old when he used to take me place in his new FJ55…..later in life he liked to restore vintage lathes…..I asked him to take on the PTO that I purchased here on Mud (I regretfully don’t recall from whom) many years ago…..Uncle Joe passed last fall and @wngrog was kind enough to include it and add it to Rosie for me. I know he was proud of his job on it…..thanks Nolen, and to the Wizard for making this happen! Very much appreciated and it really adds to the build!! Thank you!!🍺🍺🍺

What’s that gizmo on the firewall, passenger side to the right of the blower? thanks
Vacuum stuff for the Tcase and the high/low shift mechanism

Boiled linseed oil?
I did not use any oil on the externals of this truck. Only polish and wax. Also if I do, I use Fluid film where I used to use boiled Linseed oil

Fuel system is all in place. I’ve been hoping the transmission would show up today so I can snick it in place before I crank it. I want the fuel tank and hump out so I can hook up all that dopey 3 on the tree linkage correctly. If I put gas in the tank it becomes a big ole hassle.

View attachment 3326247

View attachment 3326248

View attachment 3326249

View attachment 3326250
Fuel line setup looks great, but I’m not sure what I’m looking at. Is it; filter, pump, regulator with return line? I’ve been running an electric 1-4 psi electric Pump, filter, simple regulator to a Weber dgas 38 and I feel like my setup could be better.

Fuel line setup looks great, but I’m not sure what I’m looking at. Is it; filter, pump, regulator with return line? I’ve been running an electric 1-4 psi electric Pump, filter, simple regulator to a Weber dgas 38 and I feel like my setup could be better.
That’s the best you can do on a Weber. The Sniper uses 65 psi.

IIRC year ago there was an electric conversion for the pto ? might not have been Toyota but I'm sure you could figure out how to do it.
FWIW I appreciate the sentimental value and Uncle Joe did a right proper job on that PTO, it is plainly the nicest/cleanest one I have ever seen.

Alert the media.

The first successful reconnection of 3 on the tree linkage had happened at Tilda Bogue.

Cowboy is thrilled

4C48A175-6937-45D3-A5E0-5669942391B0.jpeg

Happy Friday.

Got the driveshafts in. Gas in. Sniper primed up and went to crank it and I’ve got a runner but it’s ramping up the RPMs like crazy.

This signals a vacuum leak.

I broke out my smoke machine and it’s got a leak under the intake.

I’m gonna tear it apart and see what I can find.

Bummer. Was hoping to drive it today.

Oh well. I’ll figure it out.

E64156C9-EB36-4ECE-BCE6-E9B6340B739B.jpeg

6E817D3D-C69D-4CE8-99AA-932019E4C006.jpeg

That’s the best you can do on a Weber. The Sniper uses 65 psi.
I'm helping a friend with a 74 and he's looking at going with the Holley Sniper. Where did you get your setup and what all does it need? Nice build!! Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom