Builds Rosie the 40 - Tilda Bogue Service Station (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

In typical paint guy fashion I’m still waiting on a top. 🙄

I also have been ghosted by the guy making the jump seat covers.

One last thing I need to do is get a new windshield gasket installed. That guy was going to come to me but has yet to show up so I’m taking it there tomorrow.

Cowboy wants to know what the hell is taking me so long

IMG_2604.jpeg

Maybe it's time to learn a new skill and lay down some paint. It's not too difficult and very satisfying. I am sure you can handle it.

This involved a very bent front drip rail and some chunks out of the fiberglass. It’s a patina truck, you can bet if it was in my skill set I would have tried to polish the turd.

Interesting morning.

Drove Rosie into town to get the new windshield gasket installed this morning. About 20 minutes into the ride the brakes started acting up. The rod between the pedal and master was too tight and it was dragging.
IMG_2622.jpeg

I pulled over at my buddy’s Tint shop and adjusted the rod and took off for the next leg.

I pulled in and topped off the tank with 93 non corn.
IMG_2624.jpeg

My glass guy is a Cruiser guy and loves doing this stuff. He knocked it out nicely

IMG_2626.jpeg

Unfortunately I had a couple pretty s*** issues pop up.

The top off showed that the non- weld return bung is leaking. I’m very unhappy about this.

I’m going to have to pull this tank out and figure out how to fix this.

IMG_2630.jpeg

Second issue. The Sniper screen glitched out. Never seen this happen before.

IMG_2629.jpeg

All that said…..this thing runs, steers and drive beautifully. Video inbound.

Them are some spendy gas cans... :cool:

I wish we could get 93 octane real gas around here; all we get is 87 stuff.

Love the build threads you post!! Learning a lot. Admire your work even more!!

Question - as I understand it you typically get the medium Dobinson suspension (post in different thread)- and often that is just the tire carrier from 4-plus you install most often. If you were to get the front bull bar and full rear (tire plus basket) from 4-plus, would you change the Dobinson's to heavy springs or keep medium?

I'm interested in drivability and the EPS, shims (I think I order 4 degree vs 3), Dobinsons are in my future, just not sure which Dobinsons

Thx.

it’s my understanding with Dobinsons it’s either gas or diesel which is light and heavy.

One thing about getting the heavies is it’s just an extra leaf that can easily be removed versus sourcing a leaf to add if you need it.

May the guy in one of my other threads that strongly suggested the non weld return bung, I hope you get fleas.

After the wash I put the shop vac in it a hour or so blowing it dry
IMG_2675.jpeg

Next I rode over to the Wizards lair and we removed the turd piece
IMG_2679.jpeg

And he welded it up. The Wizard is too cheap to own fans and it’s a miserable hot still day here so I roasted in place as he did his thing
IMG_2680.jpeg
IMG_2678.jpeg

This is a AN6 bulkhead fitting.
IMG_2681.jpeg

The rear heater had a drip that I could not stop so I pulled the core out today and took it to the radiator shop.

I drove by the guy making my jump seat covers and asked him to please do the damn seats.

I drove by the paint place and asked him to please finish my top.

I leak tested the weld on the new bung and then Cowboy and I installed the tank

Oh, and I got a pretty legit shrimp poboy while I was out and about

IMG_2709.jpeg

IMG_2698.jpeg

Last edited:
Good pics in the background. That was the portal axle rig, well in the last version at least.

May the guy in one of my other threads that strongly suggested the non weld return bung, I hope you get fleas.

After the wash I put the shop vac in it a hour or so blowing it dry
View attachment 3357827
Next I rode over to the Wizards lair and we removed the turd piece
View attachment 3357829
And he welded it up. The Wizard is too cheap to own fans and it’s a miserable hot still day here so I roasted in place as he did his thing
View attachment 3357830View attachment 3357828
This is a AN6 bulkhead fitting.
View attachment 3357831
Dude said screw it. I'ma weld next to the sofa today.

Have any of you ever seen one of these radio mounts on a pre 74 FJ40?
IMG_2748.jpeg

Brendan has been searching for one for years. He found the proper radio but the bracket has eluded him.

We sent the old radio off to be converted to Blue Tooth. It just got back and I’ve turned this over to the Wizard.

Wish us luck

IMG_2745.jpeg

IMG_2746.jpeg

IMG_2747.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom