Events/Trails road trip Toronto to New Orleans in the cummins swapped 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So we're driving the 80 to New Orleans, we got lots of time, maybe 2 weeks to explore. So far the route is from Toronto to Detroit, Cincinnati, Louisville, Nashville, Birmingham and New Orleans in 4 days. The route home I'm thinking will be further west.
So do you guys know any must see things, cool campsites/parks, the usual road trip family stuff.

Must go to Emeril’s Delmonico in nola. By far the best steak i’ve ever had.

Don’t make the mistake of wearing flip flops on a night out drinking in New Orleans. You wake up with black feet and learn that they don’t have alleys so all the trash goes to the curb leaking out all the bar scum into the street for everyone to walk in.

My opinion: Toronto is a nice city, Detroit can be very sketchy, Birmingham can also be sketchy. Never been to new Orleans but heard it's a pretty dirty city from my girlfriend and she hated it, people were puking on the streets and lots of poverty. I know some of these cities have some cool hot rod shops. In Michigan Mackinac island is nice but will be getting pretty cold. Traverse city is nice too. You can get some good maple syrup in Michigan. In Ohio their is the area near cedar point is pretty nice. The amusement park is like no other but is probably closed this time of year. If you go further east into Tennessee Chattanooga is nice, Coker tire is their, a nice aquarium, and I think you can take a riverboat ride. Asheville is supposed to be awesome but never made it. Plenty of good fatening southern cooking where the vegetable of the meal is Mac n cheese, and a variety of awesome BBQ.

Should be lots of camping opportunities in Detroit. Supposedly they are now bulldozing all of the burned out vacants. How far west are you coming on the way back ? Arkansas is beautiful, some of the best drives in the country if you like hills and trees. Illinois would have some pretty cool areas.

We're on the road, broke down near Cincinnati last night, an unused oil pressure sensor on the cummins split and was squirting oil all over I71 South! Lost 8 litres but didnt damage the engine, got a mobile truck mechanic to fix us up at the flying J. Drove for another 3 hours to Elizabethtown.
Woke up and found a nail in a tire, brand new tire with less then 700 miles!! Put the spare on and I'll get it patched later.
Going to make it to Pensacola tonight and hit the beaches tomorrow!!
The mileage is amazing maybe all the oil lubricating the truck helps with the aerodynamics!!

We're on the road, broke down near Cincinnati last night, an unused oil pressure sensor on the cummins split and was squirting oil all over I71 South! Lost 8 litres but didnt damage the engine, got a mobile truck mechanic to fix us up at the flying J. Drove for another 3 hours to Elizabethtown.
Woke up and found a nail in a tire, brand new tire with less then 700 miles!! Put the spare on and I'll get it patched later.
Going to make it to Pensacola tonight and hit the beaches tomorrow!!
The mileage is amazing maybe all the oil lubricating the truck helps with the aerodynamics!!
Where was the unused sensor located on the block?

Where was the unused sensor located on the block?
Under the injection pump/power steering pump.
I'm pretty sure i broke it long ago trying to pull the power steering pump
20171113_190524.jpg

Well that sucks, glad you got it fixed

This thread needs more pics.

Lol. Canadians took a pic with our flag. If you have a pic of Trump I’ll unfollow...

Lol. Canadians took a pic with our flag. If you have a pic of Trump I’ll unfollow...
I'd trade Trump for our POS trust fund part time drama teacher prime minister anyday.

So I'm using GPS for mileage cause the speedo is way off so this math isn't exact but I'm averaging 19.5MPG!!!!
Plus lots of thumbs up, waves, pics being taken while driving and parked!

19.5?! Fake News.

So we're driving the 80 to New Orleans, we got lots of time, maybe 2 weeks to explore. So far the route is from Toronto to Detroit, Cincinnati, Louisville, Nashville, Birmingham and New Orleans in 4 days. The route home I'm thinking will be further west.
So do you guys know any must see things, cool campsites/parks, the usual road trip family stuff.
slide to the east a bt and hit Uwharrie national forest in N carolina great trails. or long pond or lake in arkansas I just did them both well worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom