Review: Delta VS Panhard Lift Bracket (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For me, the bracket negated the need for an adjustable rear panhard.

It survived the Dusy Ershim trail last week, and will be getting another run at Rubicon next week. Honestly, Dusy is 5x Rubicon...30 miles of constant attention.

X2 what @woody said. No reason you can't run both, but for most, the bracket will be all you need.

For me, the bracket negated the need for an adjustable rear panhard.

It survived the Dusy Ershim trail last week, and will be getting another run at Rubicon next week. Honestly, Dusy is 5x Rubicon...30 miles of constant attention.

I shall change my order with Slee in the AM.

Is there any benefit of using this with an adjustable rear panhard bar, or does the bracket negate it?

With ~3" of lift and a Delta bracket my axle is centered with no need for an adjustable panhard. Many in stock

So, I tried to install my bracket yesterday and everything went well, until I tried to install the new hardware through the panhard rod. Not sure what the issue is. The bolt appears to be too long and is actually making contact with my driver's side spring. Not sure if it may be because the Heavy Slinky spring diameter is greater than other springs?

I guess I could address this by either turning the bolt around and inserting it the other way so that the head of the bolt is near the spring, or just cut the bolt and make it a bit shorter.

The other issue is that the reinforcement brace that runs along the back of the bracket seems to be making contact with the spring as well when it is compressed. Again, I guess I could notch it, but not the ideal solution.

Any input, especially from someone who is running the HD Slinkys, would be helpful.

IMG_9445.JPG

IMG_9447.JPG
IMG_9449.JPG

So, I tried to install my bracket yesterday and everything went well, until I tried to install the new hardware through the panhard rod. Not sure what the issue is. The bolt appears to be too long and is actually making contact with my driver's side spring. Not sure if it may be because the Heavy Slinky spring diameter is greater than other springs?

I guess I could address this by either turning the bolt around and inserting it the other way so that the head of the bolt is near the spring, or just cut the bolt and make it a bit shorter.

The other issue is that the reinforcement brace that runs along the back of the bracket seems to be making contact with the spring as well when it is compressed. Again, I guess I could notch it, but not the ideal solution.

Any input, especially from someone who is running the HD Slinkys, would be helpful.

View attachment 1768661

View attachment 1768662 View attachment 1768663

Change the direction of the bolt and you will be golden

X2, I had to jack the truck up so the bolt could clear the coil windings without removing the spring, but having the bolt head on the spring side will solve your issue.

I don't have anything valuable to add except @icorradoi did a good job of taking pics, then zooming in appropriately. One of my pet peeves is centered around how folks zoom into the issue right away w/o giving an overall flavor of the situation.

Back to your regularly scheduled monday program. Now, where did I put my coffee ...:bang:

@icorradoi did you get the rubbing resolved?

I have a Slinky too, I would love to improve geometry, but not going to give up flex to do it.

View attachment 1768661

View attachment 1768662 View attachment 1768663

@icorradoi did you get the rubbing resolved?

I have a Slinky too, I would love to improve geometry, but not going to give up flex to do it.

IIRC @woody also runs Slinky not sure if the HD springs are larger

No, not yet. Haven't had much time lately. I did get the bolt turned around, but I would have to remove the spring to have enough clearance to pull the bolt out now to remove the bracket. I'm thinking of cutting the bolt or buying a new, shorter one.

I'll take some better pics of the spring clearance issue and post them up. I could probably grind down the bracket a bit and make it work, but wanted to reach out to the guys at Delta to see what they think. I don't think it will compromise the integrity of the bracket, but just want to be sure before I start grinding on it. It really wouldn't take much to make it clear. Maybe less than a 1/4" off the reinforcement rib.

I'm pretty sure the issue is the diameter of the HD Slinkys. They are a thicker OD than any other springs I've seen. Made my OME springs look like OEM springs.

I'm on the lower lift Slinkys, the bolt is tight but doesn't contact.

My bracket now has two Rubicon runs and one Dusy Ershim run with zero issues...super pleased with the road manners.

No, not yet. Haven't had much time lately. I did get the bolt turned around, but I would have to remove the spring to have enough clearance to pull the bolt out now to remove the bracket. I'm thinking of cutting the bolt or buying a new, shorter one.

I'll take some better pics of the spring clearance issue and post them up. I could probably grind down the bracket a bit and make it work, but wanted to reach out to the guys at Delta to see what they think. I don't think it will compromise the integrity of the bracket, but just want to be sure before I start grinding on it. It really wouldn't take much to make it clear. Maybe less than a 1/4" off the reinforcement rib.

I'm pretty sure the issue is the diameter of the HD Slinkys. They are a thicker OD than any other springs I've seen. Made my OME springs look like OEM springs.

Thanks for the feedback.

DELTA does not check the board a lot as they have real lives:rolleyes: As a stocking dealer I did reach out for you stay tuned:)

I could probably grind down the bracket a bit and make it work, but wanted to reach out to the guys at Delta to see what they think.

Please contact directly to discuss.

Mine will be going on today before a camping/wheeling trip this weekend. Thanks @LandCruiserPhil for prompt delivery.

Here are my installation notes and pics. I am running Slee 4" heavy in the rear and the thicker coil did interfere with the bracket. The pics are self explanatory.

The slight interference was easily taken care of by a flapper wheel and some paint. @icorradoi have the same issue with his Slinky springs.

I'd like to see how some folks are taking care of the interference between the Delta bracket and the ABS sensor wire bracket. Mine is just zip tied until I take the time to reattach it correctly.

20180824_173130.jpg

20180824_173117.jpg

20180824_173050.jpg

20180824_172117.jpg

20180824_172058.jpg

Last edited:
Pics of panhard rod comparo. A stock one vs an adj one, BEFORE I shortened it due to the Delta bracket. Again, this is a 4" Slee Heavies in the rear.

Another pic showing where the adj rod ends up when the body is in neutral state. Sure, I could've simply forced the body over and the bolt holes would've lined up. But, it was easy just to decrease the length by approx 5/32" (guess).

I'm noticing how level-ish the rear panhard rod is now with the Delta bracket as compared to others. I wonder if my Slee 4" heavies are getting tired and the rear is a little droopy? I'd have thought a little bit more of an angle is the norm but I'm happy regardless.

Incidentally, the stock panhard came from the U Pull N Pay last week. It belonged to a LX450 that must've lived up North someplace as it was full of rust and had THREE 120vac plugs for heaters.

20180824_160913.jpg

20180824_140348.jpg

20180824_140336.jpg

20180824_124235.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom